CT scan

Options
Brendaklein
Brendaklein Member Posts: 121 Member

I had my CT scan 15 months post treatment. No Cancer :). The past few days, I have problems pooping. No pain, I've taken maralax and natueal vegetable laxative after Thanksgiving dinner, but very little stool comes out only after I put a suppository in. I have a call into my surgeon to ask if I should use a fleet emama. Not sure what to think about this. I don't feel any urges to go. I wonder if something may be block? Again on pain or urge to go. Any advice please.

Comments

• Accw
    Accw Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Advice

I hope you have heard back from your surgeon. I am 18 months out of treatment. All follow up test have indicated cancer free so far. I do still go from having frequent bowel movements to then some constipation. I find if I don’t drink enough water I tend to be more constipated. I think bowels are just going to be touchy after what has been done to us. 

Wishing you the best. 

• annie4145
    annie4145 Member Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I agree that our bowels are

I agree that our bowels are just not the same.  I have constant issues.  You can't assume that it is blockage , hopefully it is just constipation.  What dosage did you use for the Miralax, and can you repeat?  (I also have used those little chocolate flavored chewables (I forget the name of them) that they sell in the grocery store when I go on trips and have travel troubles of that nature.   They always seem to work, but hopefully your doctor calls you back soon and advises. I hope that you feel better soon.

• Brendaklein
    Options
    annie4145 said:

I agree that our bowels are

I agree that our bowels are just not the same.  I have constant issues.  You can't assume that it is blockage , hopefully it is just constipation.  What dosage did you use for the Miralax, and can you repeat?  (I also have used those little chocolate flavored chewables (I forget the name of them) that they sell in the grocery store when I go on trips and have travel troubles of that nature.   They always seem to work, but hopefully your doctor calls you back soon and advises. I hope that you feel better soon.

Constipation

Yes, since Thanksgiving it been bad. I see my surgeon and oncologist today. I've not had it this bad before. Just a little stool comes out. As much as I've eaten I would think it would explode out of me. I'm scared. I've been in contact with my colon Doctors nurse. I am passing gas, but very little anything else. 

• annie4145
    Options

Constipation

Yes, since Thanksgiving it been bad. I see my surgeon and oncologist today. I've not had it this bad before. Just a little stool comes out. As much as I've eaten I would think it would explode out of me. I'm scared. I've been in contact with my colon Doctors nurse. I am passing gas, but very little anything else. 

How are you doing now?  Hope

How are you doing now?  Hope that you are feeling better for the weekend!

• Accw
    Accw Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ?

Hope you are feeling better.

• annie4145
    Options
    Accw said:

?

Hope you are feeling better.

I was just seeing if

I was just seeing if Brendaklein was feeling better...

• Brendaklein
    Options
    Constipation

Thank you all for your support. I did see all three doctors. I'm still having problems with pooping. My surgeon said to use Fiber tablets and marilax. I am able to go real well one day then not so well the the next. I just started this less than a week ago. I hope all will be well soon. I am dealing with a pinched nerve in my left hip. That really hurts on and off. UGH