I really want to smack this person - fakes cancer for $

Options
NewHere
NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member

Comments

  • Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    Options
    What can you say?

    There are heartless people out there, and she seems to be one of them. 

    I wouldn't wish Cancer on anyone, but karma you know, has a way. 

    Tru

  • Butt
    Butt Member Posts: 352 Member
    Options

    The best punishment is strong chemo!

  • Twinzma
    Twinzma Member Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    UGH

    Well as my great grandfather used to say "Some people are just no damn good". How horrible! An acquaintance of ours son had cancer and the owner for the place he worked held a fund raiser for him since he was uninsured. $13,000 was raised for him...then the owner the very next morning told him.."well I just found out my dad is sick so I am keeping the money for him"....That was not the intent of the fundraiser at all, people came to support the uninsured 30 year old...NOT the owners father! They never ended up seeing a dime of that money! Poor kid, he just ended up passing a few weeks back...heartbreaking!!! This is why I am so reluctant to donate to anyone these days! 

  • zx10guy
    zx10guy Member Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Twinzma said:

    UGH

    Well as my great grandfather used to say "Some people are just no damn good". How horrible! An acquaintance of ours son had cancer and the owner for the place he worked held a fund raiser for him since he was uninsured. $13,000 was raised for him...then the owner the very next morning told him.."well I just found out my dad is sick so I am keeping the money for him"....That was not the intent of the fundraiser at all, people came to support the uninsured 30 year old...NOT the owners father! They never ended up seeing a dime of that money! Poor kid, he just ended up passing a few weeks back...heartbreaking!!! This is why I am so reluctant to donate to anyone these days! 

    This needs to be reported to

    This needs to be reported to the authorities.  It's out right fraud and the owner should be facing some serious charges same as the subject of this thread.  If no one at the company has done so, you should be letting the authorities know.

  • NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

    What can you say?

    There are heartless people out there, and she seems to be one of them. 

    I wouldn't wish Cancer on anyone, but karma you know, has a way. 

    Tru

    It is chilling

    I cannot stand fraud like this.  Especially because people are generally good and will respond to help others, make donations etc  I can't wish cancer on anyone either.  

     

  • NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Butt said:

    The best punishment is strong chemo!

    Maybe She Will Learn

    I am hoping maybe something clicks for her and she can make amends.  I just do not know how someone can go about doing this.  I would hope some kind of emotional/mental issue in play as compared to being a sociopath.  To me someone who does this is pretty low on the life form scale, if not done in connection with something.  I had one friend who totally changed.  Was absolute wonderful person, then started acting very strange.  They checked eveything.  But then when they did one last test about two years in, they dicovered a brain tumor.  It was too late.  But there was a reason for the behavior.

  • NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Twinzma said:

    UGH

    Well as my great grandfather used to say "Some people are just no damn good". How horrible! An acquaintance of ours son had cancer and the owner for the place he worked held a fund raiser for him since he was uninsured. $13,000 was raised for him...then the owner the very next morning told him.."well I just found out my dad is sick so I am keeping the money for him"....That was not the intent of the fundraiser at all, people came to support the uninsured 30 year old...NOT the owners father! They never ended up seeing a dime of that money! Poor kid, he just ended up passing a few weeks back...heartbreaking!!! This is why I am so reluctant to donate to anyone these days! 

    Ugh For Sure

    That is horrible to pull something like that.  I guess the stress of the news made a forced rash decision.  But to take all the money is BS.  Maybe ask if some can be used.  I don't know.  So sorry for your loss...

    There are so many people doing good things, that stories like this are really shameful for reasons just like you described.  I am always looking for the best in people and believe in them.  I think more so over the last five years as I have been dealing with this.  The cancer has had some "good" things in it all in terms of looking at life overall.  (I am chemo now so not sure I am explaining it well)

  • NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    zx10guy said:

    This needs to be reported to

    This needs to be reported to the authorities.  It's out right fraud and the owner should be facing some serious charges same as the subject of this thread.  If no one at the company has done so, you should be letting the authorities know.

    Husband And Friend Turned Her In

    Her husband and one of her friend's turned her in.  They found out about it and neither of them knew, so they figured something was up.  There was not one claim made on their health insurance.

  • zx10guy
    zx10guy Member Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    NewHere said:

    Ugh For Sure

    That is horrible to pull something like that.  I guess the stress of the news made a forced rash decision.  But to take all the money is BS.  Maybe ask if some can be used.  I don't know.  So sorry for your loss...

    There are so many people doing good things, that stories like this are really shameful for reasons just like you described.  I am always looking for the best in people and believe in them.  I think more so over the last five years as I have been dealing with this.  The cancer has had some "good" things in it all in terms of looking at life overall.  (I am chemo now so not sure I am explaining it well)

    My above post was in

    My above post was in reference to Twinzma's post.  Rash decision or not, it's out right fraud.  The money was intended for a specific individual.  You can't all of a sudden decide the money would be used for someone else.  Everyone who donated intended on that money going to a specific person.

    Again, I hope Twinzma has reached out to the police about this as it's not only fraud but theft.  It's just as bad as what the female subject of this thread did.

  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    (Almost) hard to believe!

    I find it truly despicable that someone would set up phony charity then spending the proceeds on themselves! Unfortunately it’s the world we live in. One thing I’d love to see happen would be for ALL politicians to lose their Cadillac medical coverage plans for life and let them try to navigate the system like we have to. I’d bet things would change in an instant. 

     

  • Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    edited November 2019 #12
    Options
    PhillieG said:

    (Almost) hard to believe!

    I find it truly despicable that someone would set up phony charity then spending the proceeds on themselves! Unfortunately it’s the world we live in. One thing I’d love to see happen would be for ALL politicians to lose their Cadillac medical coverage plans for life and let them try to navigate the system like we have to. I’d bet things would change in an instant. 

     

    Hi PhillieG

    We don't see you often enough, but it is always good to see you when you visit. 

    Love the picture!

    Tru

  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

    Hi PhillieG

    We don't see you often enough, but it is always good to see you when you visit. 

    Love the picture!

    Tru

    Thanks ?

    I took the photo over the summer. I know I could stop in more often but sometimes I get really tired talking about cancer. Plus, I have a well deserved reputation of being a troublemaker ?

    Overall I have few complaints with the exception of breathing issues which I’ve had for 5 years or so. I’m still on Xeloda and Avastin which are keeping my two remaining tumors relatively stable but sometimes I need supplemental oxygen and I’ve been more tired than I used to be. Then again, I’m 62… I started a real estate photography business almost 3 years ago. I enjoy it and I’m busy enough.

    I hope you’re doing well -phil

    A recent job.

    image

    House

     

  • Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    Options
    PhillieG said:

    Thanks ?

    I took the photo over the summer. I know I could stop in more often but sometimes I get really tired talking about cancer. Plus, I have a well deserved reputation of being a troublemaker ?

    Overall I have few complaints with the exception of breathing issues which I’ve had for 5 years or so. I’m still on Xeloda and Avastin which are keeping my two remaining tumors relatively stable but sometimes I need supplemental oxygen and I’ve been more tired than I used to be. Then again, I’m 62… I started a real estate photography business almost 3 years ago. I enjoy it and I’m busy enough.

    I hope you’re doing well -phil

    A recent job.

    image

    House

     

    I totally understand

    As long as you don't mind us bringing your name up on the forum every now and again, when someone is looking for a long-time patient of our diagnosis.

    It is just great when you do pop in. 

    Love the picrures. Glad you are keeping yourself entertained. Sorry about the ailments. 

    Keep on Keeping on, dear friend. 

    Tru