8 year survivor

AZANNIE
AZANNIE Member Posts: 445 Member
edited October 2019 in Anal Cancer #1

I haven't been on this board for a long time, but I'm still on the planet. In 2011, I was diagnosed with stage 2 squamous cell. I made it through treatment (rough time) even though I wondered if I would feel fine again and I do. In 2015, I was diagnosed with pre cancer of the breast - DCIS so more radiation after a lumpectomy. I still see my oncologist due to the DCIS, but it's every year now instead of six months. I had a colonoscopy in March and it was fine. I have anal stenosis and have had the "chute" dilated a few times, but it's the new normal and I deal with it. I feel for all of you going through treatment now and/or dealing with the side effects of treatment. It just takes time.

Comments

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    Azannie

Congratulations! Wonderful news and so encouraging for new members of our 'special' group! 

I was asked today about my long term side effects of treatment and if it was ok. Well, I guess we learn to live with our new normal. 

Best wishes

Liz

• AZANNIE
    AZANNIE Member Posts: 445 Member
    edited October 2019 #3
    pializ said:

Azannie

Congratulations! Wonderful news and so encouraging for new members of our 'special' group! 

I was asked today about my long term side effects of treatment and if it was ok. Well, I guess we learn to live with our new normal. 

Best wishes

Liz

pializ

Thanks! It was quite the journey. Yes, we learn to live with our new normal. 

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited October 2019 #4
    AZANIE

Congratulations on reaching this milestone!  I'm so glad to hear you are doing well!

• Lorikat
    Lorikat Member Posts: 681 Member
    i havent been here in years

i havent been here in years but wanted to say that I am 8 years NED!

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited October 2019 #6
    Lorikat

That's awesome!  Congratulations! 

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    AZANNIE, Lorikat, and all else...

I am not here as often as I used to be either but want to say "Congratulations" on reaching this point! Its always so encouraging for others to see these positive reports from others. While life often changes for us, it does tend to move forward and we learn to adjust and keep on moving along with it one way or another. Wishing everyone, swift healing and continued steps ahead for many many years!

katheryn