Any long term survivors of stage IIIb or stage IV NSCLC?

Options
2»

Comments

• teresacda
    teresacda Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I’m 6 years in with stage 4. Immunotherapy did it. But I have many side effects from chemo that I started out with.

• ATDKPPK
    ATDKPPK Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hi my father also diagnosed on 18 aug 2022. He is using Crizotinib250 mg capsule twice a day. Adenocarcinoma NSCLC 4A

• ronashavon
    ronashavon Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

I am a 7 year nsclc adenocarcinoma with EGFR mutation so I was not eligible for immunotherapy. However, a friend of mine happened to be diagnosed the same year as me with advanced stage lung cancer and he received radiation and targeted therapy and has been NED every since. There is hope. Unfortunately, for me I was diagnosed 7 years ago with stage 1, three years later with advanced stage. The doctor wouldn't give me a prognosis. All he kept telling would say was that he was hopeful and that it's treated as a chronic condition and people are living longer lives. The targeted therapy only worked for a couple of year and now I'm on chem infusions, a chemo pill, and a monthly shot to prevent bone metastasis. I've connected with other survivors in Facebook groups and many of us are living long healthy lives for the most part. I love stories like my friend's thought whose treatment led to NED. I pray the same for you.