Lenvima

_miracle1
_miracle1 Member Posts: 2

anyone heard or tried Lenvima for stage 3b invading portal vein?

Comments

• Maria E
    Maria E Member Posts: 1
    Lenvima

My husband has HCC and was on Lenvima for a month at a lower dose due to side effects. But he developed clot in the lung which the oncologists were not sure whether it was drug related or because of his malignancy. Each patient responds differently to drugs and from what the oncologist told us, this drug is well tolerated by other patients. Needless to say, my husband decided not to take the drug anymore. Currently, we are waiting on the next plan of treatment as his recent MRI just showed portal vein tumor thrombus. So heartbreaking.

• _miracle1
    _miracle1 Member Posts: 2
    Follow Up

Maria E... So sorry to hear that. My husband who has HCC in the portal vein has now been on the Levinma for 3 months. He has been tolerating the medication very well with little to no side effects (thank you Jesus) and we go for scan and MRI on Monday. We are praying for good news. Hope all is well with you and your husband on your journey. I know if feels very discouraging when they tell you they can't do this, or give you this, etc. when its in the portal vein but keep hope and be strong THATS YOUR BEST MEDICATION!