I thought I wasn't anxious about my scan Wed

Options
abita
abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member

I thought I was not anxious about my scan on Wed. But here I am, wide awake at 5 am tossing and turning. I realized I haven't had a scan since my pre liver resection scan that didn't have some twist of a new tumor. This one is to see if the erbutix and irinotecan has worked after the first four rounds. I asked how they would be able to tell since there must have been growth during the 6 weeks after my last scan until they started treating me. I have a face and scalp full of pimples, and lost almost all of my hair, so this will really suck if didn't at least halt the growth. I have hope that I will be that one in a million who does so well on these drugs that I can eventually get to NED just from chemo.

Comments

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Sending positive vibes your

Sending positive vibes your way. I well know how anxious one gets for the good scan. I really hope all your super effort works! You are a warrior!

k

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Kazenmax said:

Sending positive vibes your

Sending positive vibes your way. I well know how anxious one gets for the good scan. I really hope all your super effort works! You are a warrior!

k

Thank you!

Thank you!

• nuc
    nuc Member Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good luck Abita, we have our

Good luck Abita, we have our finger's crossed for you and are hoping for the best outcome :)

Adam

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    Options
    Scans are always a little (allot) worrying

Wishing you the best, and hope you see the meds working wonders, and not just damaging your hair and face. 

Tru

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hoping for a good scan. The

Hoping for a good scan. The anxiety is always so hard.

• myAZmountain
    myAZmountain Member Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Scanxiety is only natural!

Who wouldn't be nervous in our predicaments? Praying for the very best outcome possible, and that your beautiful hair will be back in a hurry!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Scan

It's common to be nervous about an upcoming scan.  Sending positive thoughts for great results.

Kim

• Msboop15
    Msboop15 Member Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you

sending good thoughts & prayers that chemo is doing it‘s job and shrinking the tumors. 

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Of course you are nervous!

everyone gets nervous at scan time!!! You will be just that much more relieved when it’s good news!!!!

• Capox Dude
    Capox Dude Member Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best

I'm counting the days till my baseline scan after surgery and chemo.  They thought it was in my lungs and liver, and then thought maybe not and had surgery.  So I understand your nervous.   White light and prayers and good thoughts coming your way  

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited August 2019 #12
    Options
    Well I hope today is nothing

Well I hope today is nothing but good reports for you, Abita. We'll be thinking and hoping for you to hear positive stuff.....................................Dave