Pclark21st Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Thank you.  Me too, sigh.

Thank you.  Me too, sigh.

1238249123 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019 #23
    Options

55 reads and not a single

55 reads and not a single comment...not a word of encouragement...not a you got this...not a I'll be praying for you.  I've been on this forum since December 2017.  I've read positive comments.  I've left positive comments.  Yet I've noticed when cancer is acting negatively, the support drifts away.  It must be that you all are leary of those posts that appear doomed.  Maybe you dont want to see what some people's truth is.  Well, until I am told he has no more time, we will fight this battle with force and dignity.  I thought of all the people out there that could relate it would be you...

no reponses

one reason for lack of responce could be the fact that as a caregiver we are overwhelmed. We search these sights selfishly in hope we can find something positive about our situations. If not positive, the truth would be helpful. I think most of us go through this journey with half answered questions because everyone reacts differently to treatment. Some heal faster after treatment and some stay in a miserable hole. 

Caregivers must go on with their lives while doing all the necessary extra tasks put on us buy the illness additionally being a cheerleader for any speck of hope. It's exhausting.

I hope your partner is improving a day at a time.

• Pclark21st
    Options

no reponses

one reason for lack of responce could be the fact that as a caregiver we are overwhelmed. We search these sights selfishly in hope we can find something positive about our situations. If not positive, the truth would be helpful. I think most of us go through this journey with half answered questions because everyone reacts differently to treatment. Some heal faster after treatment and some stay in a miserable hole. 

Caregivers must go on with their lives while doing all the necessary extra tasks put on us buy the illness additionally being a cheerleader for any speck of hope. It's exhausting.

I hope your partner is improving a day at a time.

Thank you for the response. 

Thank you for the response.  Unfortunately he found yet another nodule.  Surgeon upped the date to this Wednesday and will remove both.  I just wish he had as much time to heal as hes had time to fight this freaking disease.

• alaskexan
    alaskexan Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019 #25
    Options

55 reads and not a single

55 reads and not a single comment...not a word of encouragement...not a you got this...not a I'll be praying for you.  I've been on this forum since December 2017.  I've read positive comments.  I've left positive comments.  Yet I've noticed when cancer is acting negatively, the support drifts away.  It must be that you all are leary of those posts that appear doomed.  Maybe you dont want to see what some people's truth is.  Well, until I am told he has no more time, we will fight this battle with force and dignity.  I thought of all the people out there that could relate it would be you...

I am sorry that you got

I am sorry that you got crickets when you needed support. This is my first day in this forum, and it saddened me to see your post. Keep fighting, Sweetie. I hear amazing stories of survival against great odds.  Having cancer is new for me. I couldn't bear it without my hubby, family and friends. I said a prayer for your husband's healing and peace and comfort for you both. Much love.  Xxoo

• Suez39
    Suez39 Member Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thoughts are with you

I'm sorry your husband has to go through this terrible ordeal. His positive thinking and strong willpower will definitely help. Both of you will be in my prayers. Believe in God he can and does heal the sick in their time of need. 

• Sabrina23
    Sabrina23 Member Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    We are with you too

Don't give up hope in a miracle from God Happening to your husband.  All things are possible with God. His is very brave and we know he will pull thru and be back on the other side of having NED.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a positive outcome. 

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Opened the Flood Gates

Looks like you hit a nerve with all the responses you've now received.  Yes, it does seem like you were left out to dry until posting the views.  Not sure if I can give a defense as everyone has their own reasons for not posting back.  Some feel uncomfortable or just don't post that many to anyone.  For me, my cancer was a different type so I normally look for those rare ones asking for an opinion.  Not an excuse really.

It's just nice to see how most stepped up to give support, even though it came a bit late.

My heart goes out to you as it does with any others who post bad news.  For over a year I wouldn't even log in here because I was leary of reading about a member I know passing away.  Very depressing.  Most of us try hard to keep the comments positive.

Thanks for posting.

• Pclark21st
    edited August 2019 #29
    Options
    alaskexan said:

I am sorry that you got

I am sorry that you got crickets when you needed support. This is my first day in this forum, and it saddened me to see your post. Keep fighting, Sweetie. I hear amazing stories of survival against great odds.  Having cancer is new for me. I couldn't bear it without my hubby, family and friends. I said a prayer for your husband's healing and peace and comfort for you both. Much love.  Xxoo

Thank you.  I know that we

Thank you.  I know that we drew the short straw and as our Med Oncol says...he is special.  There is a ton of information you can garner from this site that will help you be prepared if something similar comes along.  This is where I found the solution to his skin care during radiation and the docs were so amazed that after 40 rads the 1st time and 35 the second...in some of the same areas, that his skin came through so great.  I didn't want to use Aquafor as the primary ingredient is petroleum.  So here I found to use Calendula Oil, Aloe (best from the plant but Amazon you can find 98% aloe), and coconut oil.  Apply iin this order several times a day and hopefully your skin will be great as well.  Good luck on your journey.  My hope is that the universe will give you a swift and easy recovery

• Pclark21st
    edited August 2019 #30
    Options
    Suez39 said:

Thoughts are with you

I'm sorry your husband has to go through this terrible ordeal. His positive thinking and strong willpower will definitely help. Both of you will be in my prayers. Believe in God he can and does heal the sick in their time of need. 

Thank you

Thank you

• Pclark21st
    Options
    Sabrina23 said:

We are with you too

Don't give up hope in a miracle from God Happening to your husband.  All things are possible with God. His is very brave and we know he will pull thru and be back on the other side of having NED.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a positive outcome. 

Thank you Sabrina.  

Thank you Sabrina.  

• Pclark21st
    Options
    Thank you tommyodavey

We believed from the beginning that not only would we chronicle this journey for ourselves, but for others to see that cancer doesn't end when the treatment ends...that's when the fun actually begins.  It has helped our friends and family understand what we are constantly going through.  It has helped them to look at themselves in a different way on how best to offer help to another person going through cancer and its hell.  Some people are lucky to get iit caught early and get it controlled quickly...others not so much.  It's also good for people to see that side effects are never ending and can pop-up at any time down the road.  We thoguht we were good after the first round in 2018...and here we are now.  We are not negative people at all, and we have continued to have hope and live our lives the best we can.  But it is a reality that crap happens and we cannot predict the future, we just go for the ride.

Speaking of ride, nice bike...looks like a Harley. Hope you are out there putting the sun and wind in your face.

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    THINKING ABOUT IT ALL

Pclark21st,

I have read your post and I truly do feel your pain for the lack-of-response you got from the H&N forum during the first 18 hours and 22 minutes of your post.  And only after you prompted a response from members did you get a written response.  When I read your post you had 1195 reads and 16 responses, that is one read for every 75 responses, not great, but you are getting them.  As many of the “long time” readers of this forum know, I am always trying to get members to write me something about their condition, anything they want to share in the Roll Call I have posted.  You may not have realized it but you did have one response from a (not always participating, beyond reading member).  1238249123. This member made their first written response (over the past 1 year) to your post. I commend you on that.  The mere fact that you felt like you were “left-out-in-the-cold” on your post, was one of the reasons I liked to participate on this forum as an active member to everyday postings.  I still like to participate in the discussions, but I knew that the H&N forum has some very caring members (currently) who I thought would step in if they saw the need and they have.

Enough about that, now on to your other issues, I have kept everything I have written on CSN website, since I became a participating member and starting writing  posts in the summer of 2012. 

SIDE NOTE: I started reading and taking advice in December 2011 & January 2012 but I did not participate, I was a lurker. Also, last year I lost a chunk of my   Roll Call in a series of unfortunate accidents and I did not have the copies of the RC to make me complete. Other than those two items I am on board with my notes.

I have written to you 3 times since February 28, 2018 and a review of my correspondences with you described the difficult time that your husband had with treatments, side effects and possible depression and your issues as a caregiver.  This mess we are in (or have been in) from cancer and cancer treatments and the post cancer reality of it all can be overwhelming, but most of us try to work it out in our life moving forward.  You are still in treatments and the darn stuff is still hanging on.  I do not know how the cancer can persist after all  the radiation and chemo, but it sometimes does. Your husband’s condition is going to make your decisions concerning him to be very focused on him and what is best for him.  He must be a very strong willed person to continue to work, fish, play softball, etc.

I do hope to see some positive results to his current treatment and I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Matt @ 1266 reads

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    edited August 2019 #34
    Options
    wbcgaruss said:

Please Don't Feel frustrated

Sometimes I think folks read these posts and go away and think about it and it takes awhile to sink in for them to answer. Some folks may be overwhelmed by your story and his fight and suffering they don't know what to say right away or are afraid they may say something wrong. Give the folks a little time I'm sure their heart is with you. It sounds like you are overwhelmed with the whole situation, can you take a slight pause and gather your thoughts. I feel for you very much so and your family also. Anyway, Thomas is certainly getting his share plus of some difficult times. And it is hard for the rest of the family also. Congrats to him for fighting so hard and keeping his swallowing going and hang in there, fight these little cancer B@#$%*ds that invited their friends over and (NEGU) Never Ever Give Up. I am putting you on my prayer list generally and especially for the 15th coming up that his operation is a huge success and the corner is turned towards complete recovery-God Bless-May He Strengthen You

"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all."

Psalm 34:18-19

Philippians 4:6-7 …do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalms 138:3 On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased.

Exactly!

sometimes I have to let it mull over in my mind. 

P

• Pclark21st
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

THINKING ABOUT IT ALL

Pclark21st,

I have read your post and I truly do feel your pain for the lack-of-response you got from the H&N forum during the first 18 hours and 22 minutes of your post.  And only after you prompted a response from members did you get a written response.  When I read your post you had 1195 reads and 16 responses, that is one read for every 75 responses, not great, but you are getting them.  As many of the “long time” readers of this forum know, I am always trying to get members to write me something about their condition, anything they want to share in the Roll Call I have posted.  You may not have realized it but you did have one response from a (not always participating, beyond reading member).  1238249123. This member made their first written response (over the past 1 year) to your post. I commend you on that.  The mere fact that you felt like you were “left-out-in-the-cold” on your post, was one of the reasons I liked to participate on this forum as an active member to everyday postings.  I still like to participate in the discussions, but I knew that the H&N forum has some very caring members (currently) who I thought would step in if they saw the need and they have.

Enough about that, now on to your other issues, I have kept everything I have written on CSN website, since I became a participating member and starting writing  posts in the summer of 2012. 

SIDE NOTE: I started reading and taking advice in December 2011 & January 2012 but I did not participate, I was a lurker. Also, last year I lost a chunk of my   Roll Call in a series of unfortunate accidents and I did not have the copies of the RC to make me complete. Other than those two items I am on board with my notes.

I have written to you 3 times since February 28, 2018 and a review of my correspondences with you described the difficult time that your husband had with treatments, side effects and possible depression and your issues as a caregiver.  This mess we are in (or have been in) from cancer and cancer treatments and the post cancer reality of it all can be overwhelming, but most of us try to work it out in our life moving forward.  You are still in treatments and the darn stuff is still hanging on.  I do not know how the cancer can persist after all  the radiation and chemo, but it sometimes does. Your husband’s condition is going to make your decisions concerning him to be very focused on him and what is best for him.  He must be a very strong willed person to continue to work, fish, play softball, etc.

I do hope to see some positive results to his current treatment and I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Matt @ 1266 reads

Thanks Matt.  I always enjoy

Thanks Matt.  I always enjoy your notes and the humor often hidden within.  

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    Options
    No response doesn't mean your Thomas wasn't prayed for

For some odd reason, I was locked out of this board.