Had no signs until after biopsy done

2»

Comments

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    ConnieSW said:

When you are educating,

tell women it isn't just blood to look for. I had a watery clear to tannish drainage with a peculiar odor. My gyn didn't think it was anything but decided to do a Pap smear while I was there since it had been 10 months and I had just turned 65 so Medicare would be covering them only every  2 years. That was my lucky day because some malignant  cells showed up in the specimen.  I was later diagnosed at 1a over 7 years ago. Otherwise I'm sure I wouldn't be here typing this. 

Yes, absolutely.

My spotting was barely pink, barely visible, more like mucous, no odor. I almost let it go there was so little of it, except it was twice, two weeks apart. I mostly describe my own, as it was so little it was easy to overlook, as a warning not to ignore even that small and pink amount. I also describe what others here have said they had, premenopausal, postmenopausal, just don't ignore it. Really, any discharge should be investigated. 

Thanks, Connie, as many people think "spotting" is just red blood, or clots. I think I remember some saying it was not spotting at all, just more like another period. 

Denise