Crazy weather...

eihtak
eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member

Hi all,

Just thinking about everyone and hoping you have been spared from some of this seasons stormy weather. I know we have members from all parts of the country and even some outside that, but it seems there have been some significant widespread storms that can create additional havoc on treatment schedules and recovery issues. 

We had a series of tornados in my community this weekend and although we lost 15+ trees in my yard (we live in a area with many trees) and our yard was/is a mess, there was no damage to our home. Some of my neighbors and friends were not as lucky. Clean-up has been ongoing and many people have been without power for going on 5 days now. Again, we were lucky on my street as it was only out for a day and a half.

Anyhow...just know that I am thinking of you all and praying you are safe, strong, and sailing smoothly through...

katheryn

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited July 2019 #2
    katheryn

So sorry you had storm damage to your yard, but so glad you and your house are okay!  Tornadoes scare me to death!  I hope all of your bad weather has passed!

• PainInTheBum
    PainInTheBum Member Posts: 97 Member
    Tornadoes scare the heck out of me too!

I live in Florida and have been through about 8 hurricanes so bad weather is no stranger to me.  We make sure we have good insurance and just go witht the flow.  Thankfully, I did not have to go through treatment during hurricane season and was able to make all my appointments.  I could understand how that could be a real problem.

• Ohmy
    Ohmy Member Posts: 102 Member
    We are in North Florida and

We are in North Florida and have had hurricanes two years in a row. After Irma hit the entire state in 2017.  Last year we removed the 90 foot pines trees near our home in March.   Category 5 hurricane Michael came through in September and we avoided damage to our home.  So far the weather isn't so bad here.  It has actually cooled off with all the rain.  August and September seem to be the worst months for hurricanes so we are preparing.