Family Problems

Options

Hello everyone. I have had difficult relationships with my family most of my life. First it was because I was an irresponsible  20 something kid. Then it was because I had found Christ and nobody understood my life changes. I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s a little over a year and a half ago. In that time I have beat Hodgkin’s twice and waiting on PET scan results for a third battle. I received my medical marijuana card for post-chemo symptoms in between my first and second rounds of cance, and now have it for the cancer itself. Shortly after I started chemo for my third round of cancer I was talking to my mom. She has had back problems for over 20 year. In recent years her pain doctors have started drug testing. She has been dropped by a couple doctors for dirty tests and canceled appointments to avoid dirty tests. When I was talking to her she mentioned she was about to be dropped agai. She said she was going to tell her doctor that my cancer was back and she ”accidentally“ ate some food I had that had marijuana in it. I told her I wasn’t comfortable with her usi my cancer in a lie, plus it could put my medical card in jeopardy. She fought with me about it and I haven’t talked to her since, that was about 2 months ago. I finished my chemo about 3 weeks ago now. My mom just moved into a new apartment last weekend. I didn’t help at all, partially because I wasn’t physically or mentally up for it, and partially because my mom hasn’t once asked how I’ve been doing since our argument. Last Saturday, the day before my mom was moving, I was at my cousin’s wedding. Around 12:30 in the morning my sister and my dad(who has been separated from my mom for almost 20 years) drunkenly corner me asking if I planned on helping move my mom the next day. I said no and they just blew up at me. I left the wedding balling my eyes out. My sister proceeded to tell my wife that she split our family apart and that she would “never be part of this family.” I don’t think I’ve ever been so hurt in my life. Was I out of line for not helping my mom? ive been struggling with this all week. 

Comments

• feckcancer
    feckcancer Member Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    no. you were not. she wanted

no. you were not. she wanted to use your cancer to get her drugs then when u stood up to her rather than addressing her behaviour she probably slagged you off behind your back to the rest of your family. Sorry they are treating you like this. try to hang out with kind friends & make them your family, you don't need this crap fom anyone.

Take care