Breast CA now in lung

Mbail13
Mbail13 Member Posts: 1

I was always under the impression although neither are good that having unrelated cancer was better or more treatable than metastatic cancer. A friend is triple negative breast ca that has gone to her liver and they are telling her that’s “better” than having a new cancer. True? Not true?

Comments

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Dont know..

I dont think it matters.  Cancer sucks no matter what kind it is.  It is all bad.

• candy546
    candy546 Member Posts: 11
    It's All Terrible

It's all terrible, but I was told just the opposite.  I have two priamry cancers, one endometrial and the other breast.  I was told that because they are primary cancers and not metastatic, I have a better chance of beating them both.  The doctor said once a cancer becomes metastatic, it becomes stage 4 and is not curable.  It's all scary.  Some people just do better than others.  My next door neighbor was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2008, but she is doing well.  She's active, gardens, does stand up comedy at the local comedy club and sings in the choir every Sunday.  She goes in from time to time to have lumps removed based upon new testing that she gets done, but somehow she survives and thrives.  On the other hand, her cancer is genetic and she has lost all of her siblings to cancer over this 11 year span.  Cancer is cruel and unpredictable.