One year NED!

ERomanO
ERomanO Member Posts: 317 Member
edited July 2019 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

I really didn't expect any different, although the only reason for that would be because I feel great.  But I answered all of the standard questions positively, and all of the visual and physical exams had nothing but rave reviews, so I feel pretty good about everything.  I still have some neuropathy, but as long as I'm active I don't reslly notice it.  The dry mouth is persistent, but I'm not letting that get in the way of enjoying myself... and it hasn't.

One little side note - a little over a year since I finished my treatments and I can still see a faint outline of the mask on my chest when I get out of the shower.  That's weird.

Comments

• Sabrina23
    Sabrina23 Member Posts: 103 Member
    Way to Go ERomanO

So happy for you to be one year NED!!!  God Bless you and Keep You NED forever....  come to think of it God Bless Us All on this board let us ALL be NED forever!  

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,274 Member
    This is great news

The first milestone in our major recovery. We are always glad to especially celebrate our first year anniversary. It means we are done with treatment and have traveled the difficult road of the recovery. Truly glad for you ERomano may God bless you with many more.

• big G
    big G Member Posts: 176 Member
    NED

Congrats on making the 1 year mark Eromano! Hope you have many more in the future. 

• ProustLover
    ProustLover Member Posts: 120 Member
    Congratulations!

Great news ERomano... it's been great seeing you move into a happier place from where you were.  Best wishes for continued good cheer.  

• ERomanO
    Thanks, all !!!

I know one year is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of H&N "C" recovery, but one thing I heard several times yesterday by nurse practitioners and docs was "you have the right attitude", and the ENT commented on how I don't seem stressed at all, and THAT is a happy place to be in!

Here's to all CSN members for better years ahead!

• frokker68
    frokker68 Member Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2019 #7
    Congrats.  Just past the 2

Congrats.  Just past the 2 year mark by a few days for me.  

• ERomanO
    edited July 2019 #8
    CivilMatt said:

ERamonO,

ERamonO,

Time does fly (at times) in the H&N world. Enjoy your good health and NED.

Matt

er

Thanks, Matt!

I wish I could read all of the text in those memes.  What does it say on the bottom of the ideberg?

• ERomanO
    Congrats to you, Frokker68!

I'll bet that's a good feeling hitting that 2 year mark!  Keep it going with many more to come!

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    ERomanO said:

Thanks, Matt!

I wish I could read all of the text in those memes.  What does it say on the bottom of the ideberg?

NED

E,

It says NED, it is in iceberg language (submerged, that is) so it is harder to see.

M

• ERomanO
    CivilMatt said:

NED

E,

It says NED, it is in iceberg language (submerged, that is) so it is harder to see.

M

I see the NED, but I thought

I see the NED, but I thought there was something written on the part that's underwater.

• CivilMatt
    ERamonO,

ERamonO,

Time does fly (at times) in the H&N world. Enjoy your good health and NED.

Matt

er

• CivilMatt
    edited July 2019 #13
    thereis always next year's NED

E,

My scaling of your “NED card” from CivilMatt was less than the average H&N member could read. I have included a more defined picture of some of the areas in question,

Matt

ER2