Scared to make the doctor appointment

Matty22
Matty22 Member Posts: 1

Hi! My aunt had breast cancer and has been in remission for quite a few years now.

This year, for me, has been awful health wise. I've developed 3 different medication allergies, and this month alone I've had a rash/hives that won't go away, along with flu like symptoms. Recently, this week, I've had night sweats and a lump just appeared in my armpit. It's small and hard and it hurts actually. I've also had a rash and these...lump things appearing on both my breast this year, which has never happened before.

I know I have to make a doctor's appointment, but I'm scared .

Comments

• anniemshe
    anniemshe Member Posts: 91 Member
    Fear

Hi Marty,

I totally understand. It IS scary especially when there is some family history. But if you ignore it and wait isn’t that agony of not knowing also equally bad. It is at the back of your mind and looms on and off. Make the appointment and we are all thinking good thoughts and sending prayers for you. I can’t tell you it will be ok and the doctors won’t find anything but we can all hope for the best!! Take care 

• Kate_Slater
    Kate_Slater Member Posts: 12
    the appointment

Yes, do need to make the doctor appointment, and my gut says it'll be scary to do it, but you won't regret it.  If the doctor gives you good news, you'll feel so relieved.  if the doctor has bad news, s/he will be referring you for the care you need to get better.  It's a win either way.

You might regret putting off the appointment, but you won't regret getting it done!

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    edited July 2019 #4
    Hey Matty

It is important to be active in your care and treatment.  Make that appointment.   It is scary but Kate is right, you will get closure about it either way.   

Keep us updated.

Hugs,

Annie