Warning: Avoid Flax At All Costs..

Options
Ottawamarc1234
Ottawamarc1234 Member Posts: 148 Member

Rip you open like a sardine can...the vicious pain. Stupid Doctor "Eat Red River Cereal! ....never again. Pain vicious today from consuming flax seeds not ground...Warning DON'T!!

Comments

• GoodDog2
    GoodDog2 Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Seeds

Just had the same thing happen today with sesame seeds. 

• Mobjack
    Mobjack Member Posts: 10
    Options
    However...Flax can actually help

As far as consuming whole seeds, I agree that is a recipe for disaster.  One of the worst bouts I ever had was from eating a sesame seed bar--it was BRUTAL!  However, once a few years ago when I was in the throes of cramping a friend of mine from Poland told me that her mom would always prepare a tea made from whole flax seeds that helped her when she was blocked.  I was desperate so I tried it and it worked!  But you DO NOT CONSUME THE SEEDS!  I simply pour some whole flax seeds in a pot of boiling water, bring it back to a boil, then turn off the heat and let it sit for about five minutes.  I then strain the liquid, mix in some honey or agave and drink it as quickly as possible.  As the tea starts to cool you will see how it can help as it gets very gooey and thick and can quite literally help any blockage just slide right through.  It is not my favorite treatment, but it has helped me to avoid ER trips on many occasions.  You just have to be very careful to not swallow the seeds at all-filter, filter, filter!

• mxperry220
    mxperry220 Member Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Avoid Fiber During and After Treatment

You might also consider avoiding fiber during and after treatment.  The last thing youneed is more bowel movements.