pelvic floor therapy

Options
Brendaklein
Brendaklein Member Posts: 121 Member

Anyone have pelvic floor therapy? I'm scheduled next week first appt.

Comments

• guyfly
    guyfly Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How'd it go?

Wow, can't believe noone responded to your question?  A peer support of mine said she did it and it changed her life after treatment...for the good.  She highly recomended it.  She said it is difficult at first but resolved many of her issues following treatment.  

• Brendaklein
    Options
    guyfly said:

How'd it go?

Wow, can't believe noone responded to your question?  A peer support of mine said she did it and it changed her life after treatment...for the good.  She highly recomended it.  She said it is difficult at first but resolved many of her issues following treatment.  

It well, my vigina is open

It well, my vigina is open now. Still hurts a little with sex. I use the dilators now & then. My therapist was wonderful. Alot of stretching. I went twice a week for three weeks and once a week after that about 6 weeks. 

• ufknkidding
    ufknkidding Member Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist

You might check out the story by ptainter at https://csn.cancer.org/node/316214

Prostate cancer survivor here, and considering a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist to regain continence.  Did you find a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist to be beneficial?  Interested to hear more about the pros/cons from your experience as I make my decision.

• Brendaklein
    Options
    guyfly said:

How'd it go?

Pelvic Floor Therapy

It went well. I'm not closed up but, nerve damage on left side of entry way in vigina. I'm still working with the Doctors

about this problem. I've heard of cream I can use, I need to talk to my Doctor again. Sex hurts really bad. My husband is 

patient and wonderful about it. Nothing has been normal since treatment. still have problems with bm's. Seems like it dosen't empty

out all the way when I poop. I just don't know....

• Dodiefae
    Dodiefae Member Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Pelvic Floor Therapy

I was hoping there would be more on this subject here.

Has anyone had experience with this? My colorectal doc suggested that I go for this as I still have issues (more than anal leakage). Basically I have no control of my sphincter muscle.  

I am more than 3years posttreatment now. I try to avoid the foods that I know give me problems. This happens maybe once every 2 weeks or so.  (And of course I crossmy fingers when I fart hoping that is all it is.)

Appreciate any feedback.  Thanks!

• Brendaklein
    edited August 2020 #7
    Options
    Dodiefae said:

Pelvic Floor Therapy

Has anyone had experience with this? My colorectal doc suggested that I go for this as I still have issues (more than anal leakage). Basically I have no control of my sphincter muscle.  

I am more than 3years posttreatment now. I try to avoid the foods that I know give me problems. This happens maybe once every 2 weeks or so.  (And of course I crossmy fingers when I fart hoping that is all it is.)

Pelvic Floor Therapy

I had it for about 5 weeks...my vigina was and still is very small. It does help tho. I didn't have a problem with my sphincter but, the exercise may help you.

• Dodiefae
    Options

Pelvic Floor Therapy

I had it for about 5 weeks...my vigina was and still is very small. It does help tho. I didn't have a problem with my sphincter but, the exercise may help you.

Thanks

Thanks

• Nutmeg1
    Nutmeg1 Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited August 2020 #9
    Options
    My colorectal surgeon has put

My colorectal surgeon has put me on diaareah tablets to firm up the bms. They have worked for me and now i am only taking one a day. The stool is firm enough to push out and is easier to clean up afterwards. Having better control until I can get to a toilet is such a relief.

I hope this info helps with stopping leakage for you.

• Nutmeg1
    Nutmeg1 Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Dodiefae said:

Pelvic Floor Therapy

Pelvic Floor Exercises

I too am 3yrs out from anal cancer treatment.

Exercises to help me are to clench my butt cheeks, hold my tummy in as if I am pulling up a zipper and to make an internal tension (as if to stop urine flow). I cannot do these exercises for very long as it is an effort to do them, but it is becoming easier with time.

Also my colorectal surgeon has put me on diarreah tablets to firm up the stool, enough for me to at least feel the bms before I pass it. Sometimes I am sitting on the toilet for some time to allow all of the poo to pass. I have a puzzle book in the bathroom to help me be patient and allow my body to function. I only take one tablet a day now :)

Recovery is slow and accepting by keeping in mind that my body is now different now, is what I am working with, helps me to wait patiently as I sit ... and sit ...

Hope the exercise discriptions are helpful xx

• Dodiefae
    edited August 2020 #11
    Options
    Thanks Nutmeg1!

Thanks Nutmeg1!

The description of the exercises is helpful.

Yes, sometimes it takes a while to clean up afterwards.

• Fengshoe
    Fengshoe Member Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2020 #12
    Options
    Dodiefae said:

Thanks Nutmeg1!

Thanks Nutmeg1!

The description of the exercises is helpful.

Yes, sometimes it takes a while to clean up afterwards.

Have you tried wipes?

Until a few months ago, I used wet wipes after BM. So much easier on the skin and better clean up. I keep a travel pack in my handbag just in case even though it’s been 3.5 years since completing treament.

• Dodiefae
    edited August 2020 #13
    Options
    Fengshoe said:

Have you tried wipes?

Until a few months ago, I used wet wipes after BM. So much easier on the skin and better clean up. I keep a travel pack in my handbag just in case even though it’s been 3.5 years since completing treament.

Yes, wipes really do help! I

Yes, wipes really do help! I need to be better at having them with me.