Very Very Worried

Annabelle41415
Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

I'm due for my annual mammogram on the 9th but the last 2 weeks have been experiencing a feeling in my one breast.  It doesn't hurt when pressing on it and can feel no lumps but the feeling comes and goes.  I'm from the Colorectal board and a survivor of 10 years.  My mom passed from BC at age 56, and I'm now almost 61.  I've been staring at it so long and think it looks a little swollen.  I've had implants removed about 3 years ago and since then have gone through a biopsy on the other breast due to calcification but it was benign.  It's just so frustrating dealing with a previous cancer and now thinking there is a possibility of me having something else wrong.  Between the colorectal board and yours these are the two most active boards on this site.  I'm just asking for some prayers and any advice.  It seems like every mammogram that I'm having I'll always end up crying because I'm just so worried.  I'm just scared.

Hugs!  Kim

Comments

• anniemshe
    anniemshe Member Posts: 91 Member
    Worry

HI there. Yes it’s a very scary feeling and no matter what people say about how worrying doesn’t help it just IS There isn’t it? I just am sending you prayers for peace of mind and calmness. Praying all will be well. God bless you. 

• Annabelle41415
    anniemshe said:

Worry

HI there. Yes it’s a very scary feeling and no matter what people say about how worrying doesn’t help it just IS There isn’t it? I just am sending you prayers for peace of mind and calmness. Praying all will be well. God bless you. 

Thanks

Thank you Annie, really appreciate the prayers and peace of mind.

Kim

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Prayers going up

Holding  you in prayers.  We understand how you feel.  Just take it day by day.  I went from breast cancer to cancer in the renal pelvis of the kidney.  It was not a mets.  Yes it made me so mad.  I am dealing with it now.  

Dont let it stop you.   Your a warrior.

Hugs,

Annie

• anniemshe
    Update

Hi Kim, 

Thinking of you and please let us know the outco of your mammogram. Praying it’ll be all good. 

• Annabelle41415
    edited May 2019 #6
    Update

Thank you for your kind words and prayers.  All came out good today.  They aren't sure why the breast has a warm feeling but think it could possibly due to all the surgeries I've had and the scar tissue.  My other breast where they were watching the calcium spots have not changed so I'll come back in a year and have it checked again.  Wishing you all well and thanks again for your concern.

Hugs!  Kim

• anniemshe
    Awesome

That’s great news!!! So Happy for you. God heard our prayers. He is so good. 

• Beepositive
    Beepositive Member Posts: 259 Member

Thanks

Thank you Annie, really appreciate the prayers and peace of mind.

Kim

continued Prayers for you Annabelle

Hello Annabelle, Prayers going up for you...Dont claim anything until you are told otherwise.(I know its hard sometimes..try and keep busy mind on positive things)....thats what I always try to do.

GOD Bless !!!

Beepositive

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member

Update

Thank you for your kind words and prayers.  All came out good today.  They aren't sure why the breast has a warm feeling but think it could possibly due to all the surgeries I've had and the scar tissue.  My other breast where they were watching the calcium spots have not changed so I'll come back in a year and have it checked again.  Wishing you all well and thanks again for your concern.

Hugs!  Kim

Praise God!

Oh that is wonderful news!   

Hugs,

Annie

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Genetic testing

Given that your mom had BC and you've had colon cancer, have you ever had genetic testing done or suggested for you? I'm not sure how long ago genetic testing for cancer became a thing, but maybe 10 years ago it wasn't. Being checked for Lynch Syndrome and other mutations (see uterine board for recent posting about pten mutation) may give you a better idea about how concerned you need or don't need to be about another cancer in your future and either allow you to take preventive steps or sleep better. Congratulations on getting through this screening ok!