Re: Sad news about Pinky's UPSC cancer

2»

Comments

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 476 Member
    Thank you, Cheerful

I really wished and hoped that the news on Pinky's condition would be better.  I hope she is resting comfortably and at peace.  My thoughts and prayers go out to Pinky and all of her family and friends at this very difficult time. 

• Lulu7582
    Lulu7582 Member Posts: 112 Member
    So sorry to hear this

Thank you for letting us all know about Pinky. My heart is heavy! Praying for peace and comfort for her and the family. xoxo

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    Pinky, I hope you know how much you mean to us....

Dear Pinky and Mr. Pinky, I am a fellow long-term survivor of this cancer and I, like many others here, relied on Pinky for her informative and wise-counsel posts.  Her medical background made her voice particularly authoritative and useful.  I will miss her, and I am sorry she has begun a different journey than the one she hoped.  I hope she is at peace and in comfort, surrounded by those who love her and are committed to her comfort and ease.  Mr. Pinky, it seemed from Pinky's posts that you and she are a solid team (as my husband and I are), and I am so sorry for what you are now going through.  I hope the time you two have left together is something you can treasure after the sorrow eases in time.  My sympathy and best wishes to Pinky, Mr. Pinky and the whole Pinky family.  Oldbeauty

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member
    oldbeauty said:

Pinky, I hope you know how much you mean to us....

Dear Pinky and Mr. Pinky, I am a fellow long-term survivor of this cancer and I, like many others here, relied on Pinky for her informative and wise-counsel posts.  Her medical background made her voice particularly authoritative and useful.  I will miss her, and I am sorry she has begun a different journey than the one she hoped.  I hope she is at peace and in comfort, surrounded by those who love her and are committed to her comfort and ease.  Mr. Pinky, it seemed from Pinky's posts that you and she are a solid team (as my husband and I are), and I am so sorry for what you are now going through.  I hope the time you two have left together is something you can treasure after the sorrow eases in time.  My sympathy and best wishes to Pinky, Mr. Pinky and the whole Pinky family.  Oldbeauty

Beautifully put, oldbeauty.

Beautifully put, oldbeauty. It's great of you to reach out to Mr. Pinky et al, I would not have thought of that. Bless you.

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member

Article: I’m sorry I didn’t beat cancer

I found this article interesting. Unfortunately the author died shortly after penning it. 

https://uzmamd.com/2016/07/03/i-am-sorry-i-didnt-beat-cancer/?fbclid=IwAR0QuFcXsPPAlUa4tWV3rz_fqtsA8bnt1TsSty_0lQvibdffFDIwHvD-mAc

Thank you CQ for posting that.

Our dear Pinky is leaving us and that is heartbreaking. Reading this article confirms for me what I have slowly realized and learned that the emotional side to cancer for me is far tougher to reconcile than the awful physical side. Having to be strong for others is exhausting. Dealing with family members or friends who refuse to acknowledge that this is a fatal illness is exhausting, painful and isolating. Pinky has left us a legacy, like many others with her posts that will live on to help others with their struggles, physical or emotional. She will be missed. 

Denise

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    Pinky

has been a generous and steadfast pillar of our community for years. I hope she and her husband know how much she means to us. 

• rcdeman
    rcdeman Member Posts: 263 Member
    Oh no! I was thinking about

Oh no! I was thinking about pinky and missing her presence here on the boards. And it looks like the worst has come to pass. I feel so sad. She's such a fighter and has always been an encouragement to me and many of the ladies on this board. Praying for Pinky that she may have peace and for her husband and family while they go through this painful time. I'm heartbroken.