5 Years ++ Stage IV Survivors

Options
2»

Comments

• Msboop15
    Msboop15 Member Posts: 83 Member
    Options

I was dx stage 4 12+ years

I was dx stage 4 12+ years ago. Had all the usual stuff and more.... 4 thoracic surgeries, liver surgery, colon surgery, chemo ( folfiri), etc. Started at 48 years old and have been NED for the last 6 years. All was done at Stanford but there is no magic bullett for everyone. If anything, I credit being aggressive on all treeatments, prayer, change in diet to much healthier, an aspirin a day, trying to eliminate as much stress in my job and life, keep skiing and surfing, have a great support person (wife) to help. 

All my best

Chip

Thank you!

Your story gives me hope!   I know we are all in this together and yet each person’s experience will be different.  So much hope and cause for celebration in your note. I needed to hear it. Again, thank you!! 

Elaine

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited April 2019 #23
    Options
    Nice to have you weigh in,

Nice to have you weigh in, Chip, I've got most of those good habits going, but a couple still need work, lol.......................................Dave

• impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    10 months of chemo...I also

10 months of chemo...I also was inspired by others when I was first dx.There are more out there then you read about. I know many others who are doing well but have left the board. It is unfortunately a different feeling for some  going through this for years. Often they need a break and want life to get back to "normal". They still care but sometimes it is hard going back...You are all heros and warriors... alll my best and I am happy to answer any questions.

Chip

• impactzone
    Options

Just What I Needed To Read

Thank you! Wow! I needed to see your message. 12+ years...awesome!! I am fighting hard and taking each day as it comes. I don't intend to let cancer win again in my life. I so appreciate your story and wish you the best in your life Chip!  Hugs, M

Cancer will never win... at

Cancer will never win... at its worst its a tie... Horrible thought but at some point I used it to try to convince myself that it will never beat me. 

All my best

• impactzone
    Options

Love to hear this Chip!

Your story gives this Stage 4 such hope! Thank you for posting!  Did you only have 10 chemo sessions in total?

I had 10 months total. 3

I had 10 months total. 3 months every two weeks, then surgery followed by 7 months of follow up.

Chip