Adjunctive treatment to Ibrance/Faslodex

minniel
minniel Member Posts: 1

Has anyone been on Ibrance, Faslodex and Letrozole? I am wondering if adding Letrozole to my current treatment for Stage IV breast cancer would be beneficial.

Also, anyone try immunotherapy or use of medciations such as a statin, doxycycline, nsaid, ranitidine and vitamin C infusion? 

Heard that might help kill the stem cells of the cancer.

Comments

• montesanto52
    montesanto52 Member Posts: 2
    Ibrance question

Hi Minnie’s,  I have been on Ibrance. Took it for 2 months and my WBC went down so low the second month that I got an infectious blood disease caused by a cold sore that could not heal. Be careful and pay close attention to you blood work and your WBC.  I go back to see my Oncologist this Thursday and I’m going to ask him about Immunotherapy and Vitamin C infusion.  I’ve heard allot about both. I’m on Doxycycline right now due to my blood infection but have not heard it could help kill stem cells. 

• Adri2055
    Adri2055 Member Posts: 2
    Ibrance/faslodex

I've been on this combo for a month. WBC came back low today (I'm on my Ibrance free week). Have to go talk to my oncologist on Monday to adjust the dose, currently on 125 mg. I was diagnose with BC on 2015, and trying to find the right med combination. I stopped taking letrozole when switched to Ibrance/faslodex combo, having also monthly xgeva shots.

So far, feeling tired and I've been gradually losing my appetite. Also taking vitamin B complex, calcium and vit D. Oncologist suggested a low sugar diet, lots of fresh vegetables, fruits and healthy protein. Also, suggested to exercise and drink plenty of water, since this can help with my side effects.

Keep in touch, I would love to know how are you coping with this meds, I'll do the same.

Adriana

• meadowglade
    meadowglade Member Posts: 39 Member
    Immunotherapy

I have triple negative breast cancer and it is a very promising treatment for my cancer. I will take Xeloda, then into a trial for Pembrolizumb that looks promising. I hope you all the best. I hate the side effects we have to deal with on top of everything else...