Uterine polyp

Options

hi I am 45 and just found out I have  uterine polyp and thickened lining they are scheduled a surgery  remove it and do biopsy but they are not booking until 2 months.seemed like a long wait.I have been having heavy bleeding for 5 months.thats why I went to my doctors. I have a family history of cancer. My grandma had breast cancer and both my moms sisters had cancer. One had colon and the other had ovarian.I hate to wait so long for appointment 

Comments

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Waiting is Hard

I'm assuming by "surgery" you mean that you'll be having a D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove the polyp and test to see if the polyp is benign or cancerous. Perhaps if you call the doctor's office and explain your concern about the delay, they'll be able to schedule your procedure sooner. Other women on the uterine board (where I normally post) have gotten their dates moved up sooner than originally scheduled when they asked.

I had a benign uterine polyp removed in 2007, about a year after I was post-menopausal. Unfortunately I had more vaginal bleeding in 2016, which did lead to a uterine cancer diagnosis and subsequent surgery, chemo and radiation. But it's important to remember that the vast majority of polyps are benign.

I can understand your worry, given your family's cancer history. Please visit the uterine board if you have more questions or concerns since all the women there will sympathize with the anxiety you feel now and can help as you learn more about your condition.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Dafad, cmb has a lot of good

Dafad, cmb has a lot of good advice.  As she mentioned, if you find that you have something serious going on, please visit the Uterine board.  

• Dafad123
    Dafad123 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2019 #4
    Options
    Have surgery set for next

Have surgery set for next week on the 23rd then my post op appointment is June 6 that’s when he will have results.waiting makes me sick.Hopefully everything comes out ok.trying to stay positive for my kids.

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Sending Positive Thoughts

I'm glad that you checked back in to let us know that surgery will happen next week. I'm sure the wait has seemed endless, but the time is finally near. For now, try to think positively. Despite your family's cancer history, there is still a very good chance that the bleeding is being caused by something benign. Be sure to let us know the results once you've learned what they are.

• Dafad123
    Dafad123 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    cmb said:

Sending Positive Thoughts

I'm glad that you checked back in to let us know that surgery will happen next week. I'm sure the wait has seemed endless, but the time is finally near. For now, try to think positively. Despite your family's cancer history, there is still a very good chance that the bleeding is being caused by something benign. Be sure to let us know the results once you've learned what they are.

Thank you .I will definitely

Thank you .I will definitely let you know.trying to keep busy with work and kids so my brain has time to rest.