MILLIENIUM PHYSICIANS

I WAS JUST DIAGNOSED WITH SQUAMOUS CELL 4A ON LEFT SIDE OF NECK.  HAVE DONE CAT, PET, 2 BIOPSIES.  MUCH TO MY SURPRISE MD ANDERSON DOES NOT TAKE MEDICARE COMPLETE. MY QUESTION IS HAS ANYONE GONE TO MILLIENIUM AND THEIR OPINION OF IT?  IF ANYONE IS FROM NORTH HOUSTON DID YHOU GO TO THE WOODLANDS BRANCH AND WHO WS YOUR DOCTOR?  MINE IS DR A DASGUPTA IF ANYONE KNOWS OF HIM.  DOES ANYONE AHVE A RECOMMENDATION FOR A SECOND OPINION IF I DECIDE TO DO SO?  THANKS TO ALL AND HAVE A BLESSE DAY !

Comments

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    We live in Sugar Land. My

We live in Sugar Land. My husband went to Dr. Ron Karni with UT Physicians/Memorial Hermann in the medical center. We can not recommend him enough.

• Kelart
    Kelart Member Posts: 1

Greetings. Has anyone had a recurrence after a MOHS, in the same place ? I’ve had two other MOHS . One was 2 biopsies, the other was 3 biopsies. This recurrence is where I had 10 biopsies. I’m worrying about how far the BCC has spread, under the skin. I’ve read, and been told, that BCC does not metastasize, but it can be disfiguring. The last MOHSstopped at the edge of my nose. I’m hoping it has not spread . Any advice while I’m waiting? 

• lorig01
    lorig01 Member Posts: 83
    Treatment in Houston

Hi. I am 7 years out of SCC on Tonsil wth 1 lymph node.  I also was treated by Ron Karni.  He is excellent and I have not only survived but I am thriving.  I would highly recommend using a major university/medical center versus a local.  Studies prove that survival rates increase based on what facility you are treated in.   UT Physicians has a lot of experience with this cancer.  Please at least make an appointment to meet and discuss with Dr. Karni.

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    lorig01 said:

Treatment in Houston

Hi. I am 7 years out of SCC on Tonsil wth 1 lymph node.  I also was treated by Ron Karni.  He is excellent and I have not only survived but I am thriving.  I would highly recommend using a major university/medical center versus a local.  Studies prove that survival rates increase based on what facility you are treated in.   UT Physicians has a lot of experience with this cancer.  Please at least make an appointment to meet and discuss with Dr. Karni.

Another Dr. Karni success

Another Dr. Karni success story! My husband is 3.5 years out and doing amazingly well. So glad to hear you are too.