Fribromyalgia and chemo

Options
Ribbons
Ribbons Member Posts: 150 Member

I am 5 weeks from my last chemo treatment and just had the second brachytherapy yesterday. I have had mild figromyalgia for years, I'm not bothered by it too much unless I get really stressed out, then it can get pretty bad, mostly in my legs and shoulders. I'm just wondering if any one else has that and did it flare up from chemo? Or am I just dealing with the after effects of the chemo itself, I'm thinking it is both things. Every afternoon my legs start aching and get worse into the evening. Just wondering how long this might last? It is not debilitating, just tiresome to be achy every evening. I do get exercise every day, which helps the fibro. I have two horses to take care of, so lugging hay around and cleaning two stalls forces me to get up and move.

Comments

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I don't have fibromyalgia,

I don't have fibromyalgia, but I did have tendinitis flare up (or start for the first time in some cases) in both shoulders, both elbows, both hips, and both knees. It was crazy and went on many, many months, different joints being the worst at different times, fluctuating but not going away. I wasn't sure how much was due to chemo and how much to surgical menopause. It did eventually get better after a long time. It's not all gone, but I had some baseline chronic tendinitis. Much better now than last spring and summer. 

I also had those random chemo pains in joints or muscles or random places like abdomen for a long time. Far, far less frequent than during chemo, but odd nonetheless. I think I even still get them once in a while. I wonder if it's a form of neuropathy.

• WHIZZER78
    WHIZZER78 Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I also have fibromyalgia and

I also have fibromyalgia and have been concerned that all of this will cause a flare.  Guess I’ll find out soon enough.  

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Speaking of horses

I too have horses.  I had 3 foals on my property over the years.  I was talking to my old riding buddy a few days ago, and she mentioned she had a hysterectomy for uterine cancer!   It seems like there are a lot of women on this board who have horses are are horsewomen.   I was wondering why that is and then this occurred to. me.  We all know the source of Premarin?   Pregnant mares.   They make a lot of estrogen when they are pregnant.  What if being exposed to mares gives us elevated estrogen?   It was just a thought.  My friend had endometrioid, I have serous.   But we both have been around horses for 50 plus years.

I hope you are feeling better Ribbons.