Ringing the Bell!

Options
Chris50
Chris50 Member Posts: 14 Member

Hi everyone,

This is Chris50, now 53 as of February 18.  I wanted to check in to say I received the best news two weeks before my 53rd birthday—2 and almost 1/2 years NED Pet scan for HPV P16+ head and neck cancer (one tonsil tumor plus 1-3 lymph node involvement).  I experienced a great deal of anxiety leading up to the PET scan, and I have really experienced a sense of relief ever since.  This discussion board has been invaluable ever since I received my diagnosis in July 2016.  I have turned to it so many times when a symptom or a pain arises.  So thank you CSN, and to each and every one of you who makes part of our community.

Comments

• bebo12249
    bebo12249 Member Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, wish you

Congratulations, wish you years of more NEDS.. Bill

• ERomanO
    ERomanO Member Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Chris!

Congratulations, Chris!  Happy Birthday and wishing you 53 more years of NEDs!  Okay, that might be pushing it, but we gotta think BIG, right?

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Chris50 We Celebrate

With you. Wishing you many more. And I agree this community of folks sharing together is invaluable.

• big G
    big G Member Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    wbcgaruss said:

Chris50 We Celebrate

With you. Wishing you many more. And I agree this community of folks sharing together is invaluable.

NED!

Congrats on the NED, and hoping you have many more. The people,wisdom,experiences on this site are most helpful.

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    CHRIS50,

CHRIS50,

A NED is a very good thing. It sounds like it was a battle for you, but you are doing ok. The anxiety can be a lot to handle.  I had to take Lorazepam just to get through the mask.  I tried without the (one magic pill), but it was a no go.  Not to worry, the pill worked and v ry well I must say.

NED 24/7 for you!

Matt

b

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    congrats

Great news and hoping for more NED as time goes on. don