Critter ?

Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member

I know someone raised this question a while back, but has anyone heard from Critter Mama ?  If someone answered this in the affirmative since that post, I missed it (I don't read every post here).

She last logged in on October 27 (2018).  I know she had a pending SCT but was also asking about alternatives and that SCT can put someone out of commission for months in some instances.  She was dedicated to the Board, and I don't think that she would just walk away voluntarily.

Does anyone have any info ?

max

Comments

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 902 Member
    In the last post about her ......

she passed along a message that she was home for the weekend and about to go in for having her modified t-cells infused (CAR-T) . Hope she is ok. She is at Sarah Cannon in Nashville.

• Evarista
    Evarista Member Posts: 336 Member
    Critter update

Lori got her CAR-T infusion on Feb 11*.  She posted (LLS) that the delivery was super-simple.  I am not suprised or worried to not have heard from her just yet.  She was quite sick going in.  I will reach out to her to see if she's up to replying to communiques.  Keeping her in our thoughts.

Max, she has not resurrected her account here since the crash.

How is everyone else?   I am currently "amusing" myself with a case of facial shingles #@%*  I was only 10 days away from doctor's permission to get the new vaccine.  Oh well...   Shady, you were having a rough patch too as I recall.

Be well, all.  Spring is getting closer and closer...

(*Lori gave me permission to share her news.)

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    edited February 2019 #4
    Evarista said:

Critter update

Lori got her CAR-T infusion on Feb 11*.  She posted (LLS) that the delivery was super-simple.  I am not suprised or worried to not have heard from her just yet.  She was quite sick going in.  I will reach out to her to see if she's up to replying to communiques.  Keeping her in our thoughts.

Max, she has not resurrected her account here since the crash.

How is everyone else?   I am currently "amusing" myself with a case of facial shingles #@%*  I was only 10 days away from doctor's permission to get the new vaccine.  Oh well...   Shady, you were having a rough patch too as I recall.

Be well, all.  Spring is getting closer and closer...

(*Lori gave me permission to share her news.)

Appreciate

E,

I know that everyone following Critter here is deeply appreciative.

The great crashes in history:  1929, 2008, and the CSN crash of 2019.....Laughing

max

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 902 Member
    IT problems

this forum has worked reasonably well despite the censorship and crashes. As I understand it the site is developed and maintained by college students from Carnegie Mellon SEI (software engineering institute). In my pre-cancer life I worked very briefly with that organization. I found it to be quite innovative but deliverables required a lot of polish to be truly usable in the real world. Ada anyone? That was a real flop and total waste of resources. It was supposed to be the “be all do all solution“ but it worked better in Powerpoint than in the “real world” and quickly died.

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    ShadyGuy said:

IT problems

this forum has worked reasonably well despite the censorship and crashes. As I understand it the site is developed and maintained by college students from Carnegie Mellon SEI (software engineering institute). In my pre-cancer life I worked very briefly with that organization. I found it to be quite innovative but deliverables required a lot of polish to be truly usable in the real world. Ada anyone? That was a real flop and total waste of resources. It was supposed to be the “be all do all solution“ but it worked better in Powerpoint than in the “real world” and quickly died.

I've never heard that about this site before, Shady, but it rings true. The Administrator comments sound like every grad student I ever met...'Sheldon Cooper,' minus his social skills.