Glad to Find this Group!

2»

Comments

• TeeBizzle
    TeeBizzle Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2019 #22
    Travel

I had a lot of pain and swelling when I traveled 2 months after my surgery - open partial. I obeyed my surgeon's rules and did nothing extreme. was dying to get back on a bike and that took forever to get approval.They told me to walk as much as possible. I went for long hikes and noticed it swelled to the point where I got nervous and called them. I was putting in 10-20k daily steps while on vacation, usually flat hikes, but this one had some rocks I had to climb over (highly recommend Acadia national park though) later in the day I was in a lot of pain and visibly swelled around the incision site. I felt a bump inside that no one warned me about was just the stitching and they put me at ease over the phone. They were like yeah maybe too much walking. Undecided

Just keep that in mind when you're traveling, it might be rough, but you should be fine.

• dimon1
    dimon1 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2019 #23
    still pain

i got my partial 4 weeks ago. first 3 weeks pain was going down every day. But at the end of 4-th week it was getting worth and  now i am on pain medication  again.