ROLL CALL 2019 - CLOSEDInitial Submittal February 19, 2019CLOSED

Options
2»

Comments

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    duggie88

I am doing well. Last year they found by accident that my throat cancer spread to my right lung which means I was told three times now I have cancer. ( I am hoping I don't run out of fingers and toes to count on) So in July of 2018 I received 6 new tatoos and began radiation soon after. They took care of the spot but two others showed up which they thought was from the radiation and the end of January of this year I am spotless. However, since the cancer did come back they told me I will never be cured and they will have to monitor me for the rest of my life. (Now they have their work cut out for them) I will try to swing by more often and throw in my $.03 (inflation)

Enjoy the day................. I do................. every one of them

Thanks Matt

• NJShore
    NJShore Member Posts: 429 Member
    edited March 2019 #23
    Options
    2019 CheckInH

Well our Name or Login might be a bit misleading in the future.. we are now moving to be residents of Texas, just a tad north and east of the city.  (Sorry Skiffin, I should have noticed your recent trip a tad sooner.. I would have made you dinner! - put us on your next Texas trip list!)

Dan is doing very well, he is seeing some side effects, bronchectases - the radiation treatments although helpful were a bit damaging to his lungs and he’s lost elasticity in some bronchioles at the most top part. So far just one difficult bout and hospitalization and we know how to avoid it now! Having a pulmonologist who will jump in with meds early is key!

Although I wanted him to retire early in 2012 when he was first diagnosed with stage 4 tonsil cancer, he chose to keep working. He’s retiring this year! I am sure he will still be doing something part time, but we are ready to see him enjoy life more and taking advantage of time that we thought he’d never have :)

I am anxious to read up again and catch up with those that are here. For those that are new.. it’s a great place, with tons of information and people that helped us when we were against the odds. I am greatful for each and everyone of you.

Hugs, Kari (& Dan)

• rush1958
    rush1958 Member Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yes! Still Kicking

Still hanging in there after nine years. I go in once a year for a check-up with the good folks at the University of Kansas Medical Center for my peace of mind.

Shucks, they even have have huge portriat picture of me hanging on the wall of the new wing at the hospital on the second floor - as one of their success stories. I'm honored to be there!

Rush

• bebo12249
    bebo12249 Member Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2019 #25
    Options
    March 1, 2019. 3 year 4 month

March 1, 2019. 3 year 4 month scan was NED and all is otherwise well. Thanks for everyone’s support. Bill, Jackson, MS..

• cyfont
    cyfont Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Roll Call

Cyfont(Cindy), Houston, Texas. Enrolled February 2019. Dx. 12/7/18, Stage III, HPV+, SCC, Oropharyngeal Cancer left side with 3 lymph nodes involved. Treatment- I am starting treatment on Wednesday, March 6, 2019. 3 chemos(Cisplatin) and 35 radiation treatments. I was suppose to have tonsillectomy and neck dissection on February 6, 2019, but ENT surgeon felt tumor was too close to bone and muscle, wanted to keep my swallowing function. 

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    NOTE ABOUT CLOSED ROLL CALL

MEMBERS,

This ROLL CALL 2019 – Initial Submittal February 3, 2019 is now closed. Please go to the ROLL CALL 2019 – First Update March 3, 2019 and leave your post. 

This means you too Russell!

For new members getting a hang of things around here, after I get so many responses to the RC I transfer everything the members have  left into a new updated RC and we start to collect members posts again.  If the site is busy, I will do more updates and more often. If it is slow, then it will be less updates and not as often.

That is it! Now, leave some good info on the latest RC and leave this one to the birds.

This means you Russell!

Matt