Discharge post Brachy/Internal Radiation (Recap of Lost Posts, Topic Created by BNT on Dec 28, 2018)

Options
cmb
cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member

This recap includes posts that were lost during CSN's data outage from 10/29/18 to 1/30/19.

BNT

Dec 28, 2018 - 12:30 am

Over the last six months my mother went through total hysterectomy. < 50% UPSC penetration in the uterine walls. UPSC was also found in one of the 17 lymph nodes so went through 4 rounds of Carbo/Taxol. Post the chemo underwent 25 rounds of pelvic/external radiation and then 3 rounds of Brachy/Internal Radiation.

Post the 3rd round of brachy, there was a mild discharge - maybe two/three drops in a day. Doctor gave an antibiotic for a week and asked to continue sitz bath with potassium permangnate. The discharge has almost gone.

There is now an appointment with the doctor again to check.

My question is, have others seen this? What should we look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Denise66

Dec 28, 2018 - 2:35 pm

I'm having discharge 6 weeks

I'm having discharge 6 weeks post brachy.  My provider says it has nothing to do with the cancer.  The discharge was clear and watery.  Yesterday, after my pelvic examination, it turned thick and yellow.  Not sure if that has anything to do with the NP cauterizing the cuff with Silver Nitrate or not. Or, the Jell used during the pelvic examination.   I feel like I'm always leaking down there.  But, I'm not.  I leak occasionally.  I'm at a lose as to why I'm having this discharge.  Did you mother's doctor tell you she had an infection?  Did he take a culture?  If yes, what was found?  My NP did not take a culture.  I should have asked her to take a culture.  But, she kept telling me that the area looks great and there is nothing to even biopsy. 

I'm curious as to why you find out. 

BNT

Dec 31, 2018 - 7:44 am

Hi Denise66,

Hi Denise66,

My mother's doctor told her everything is good. He did an examination and said the tissue was all healthy. He mentioned that its good that it is a little moist. When it gets dry it may get irritable so moist is good is what he told my mother.