Lost CSN Content

mp327
mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member

I'm sure everyone who has logged onto this site in the last few days read the notice that during the recent outage on this site, content contributed after 10/29/18 has been lost.  I am only posting this to encourage people, especially newbies, to repost your introduction.  For anyone who posted seeking information, please repost!  The members in this group want to help you!  Let's get everyone back on track!

Comments

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    Lost CSN content

It is a shame that this has happened, but I also hope that recently new posters will repost. I have been a member on this site (for which I am truly grateful) for more than 6 years. I haven't been aware of any similar happenin during that time. Please don't let it put you off & ask away as normal. There is always someone who can give advice/reassurance or point you in a direction that may be useful. 

Best wishes

Liz

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited February 2019 #3
    Come back everyone...

I agree, this is such a shame, as I often look back after being away for a bit to refresh my memory on some members situations or to find advice for something that maybe didn't apply at the time but now does!

I know we had some good conversations in the past few months that will be missed!

I'm sure we'll get back in sync... how about those who may be interested post a brief update on how things are going?

For me...its been kind of a quiet no news is good news season. I finished treatment (radiation for a second metastasis of anal cancer to my lung) in September 2018. I was initially dx 8 years ago and then had my 1st met 4 years later for which I had surgery to remove the lobe of my lung that contained the tumor followed by an aggressive course of chemo. I've amazingly recovered after each hit and feel so abundantly blessed with my good fortune. Recently I've developed a chronic dry cough that I pray is merely a long term side effect of the most recent radiation treatment to my lung/airway. (It is listed as a potential condition beginning a few months after treatment) but I am scheduled to see my doctor in a couple weeks regardless. Unfortunately, I've learned that at this point it is a game of chase and these bull headed cancer cells seek out regenerating tissue to take up house in so as my lung heals, they are just waiting to pounce! Its a "Catch 22" I guess in some ways, but I'm no where near ready to let them if I can help it...so we'll see and I will keep you posted.

Other than that, I've been feeling great, keeping busy with family and chasing grandkiddos (the thing I love to do most). Our Wisconsin winter prooves interesting with temps that bounced from 50 below just a few days ago with a snowy blizzard, to a soggy, foggy, 40 degree above today! 

I hope this finds you all well and moving forward in health!

katheryn

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    eihtak said:

Come back everyone...

I agree, this is such a shame, as I often look back after being away for a bit to refresh my memory on some members situations or to find advice for something that maybe didn't apply at the time but now does!

I know we had some good conversations in the past few months that will be missed!

I'm sure we'll get back in sync... how about those who may be interested post a brief update on how things are going?

For me...its been kind of a quiet no news is good news season. I finished treatment (radiation for a second metastasis of anal cancer to my lung) in September 2018. I was initially dx 8 years ago and then had my 1st met 4 years later for which I had surgery to remove the lobe of my lung that contained the tumor followed by an aggressive course of chemo. I've amazingly recovered after each hit and feel so abundantly blessed with my good fortune. Recently I've developed a chronic dry cough that I pray is merely a long term side effect of the most recent radiation treatment to my lung/airway. (It is listed as a potential condition beginning a few months after treatment) but I am scheduled to see my doctor in a couple weeks regardless. Unfortunately, I've learned that at this point it is a game of chase and these bull headed cancer cells seek out regenerating tissue to take up house in so as my lung heals, they are just waiting to pounce! Its a "Catch 22" I guess in some ways, but I'm no where near ready to let them if I can help it...so we'll see and I will keep you posted.

Other than that, I've been feeling great, keeping busy with family and chasing grandkiddos (the thing I love to do most). Our Wisconsin winter prooves interesting with temps that bounced from 50 below just a few days ago with a snowy blizzard, to a soggy, foggy, 40 degree above today! 

I hope this finds you all well and moving forward in health!

katheryn

katheryn

Thanks for your post!  I want to wish you all good news on your upcoming appointment to have that cough checked out.  Please keep us posted.

• Accw
    Accw Member Posts: 15 Member
    Katheryn

Wishing you the best! Reading your posts have been inspirational to me. Your attitude of never give up is one I’m trying to emulate. Would you share, what stage were you when first diagnosed?

• eihtak
    mp327 said:

katheryn

Thanks for your post!  I want to wish you all good news on your upcoming appointment to have that cough checked out.  Please keep us posted.

Martha...

Thank you for the well wishes. Other than this annoying cough, I feel great but will surely let you know what I learn.

katheryn

• eihtak
    Accw said:

Katheryn

Wishing you the best! Reading your posts have been inspirational to me. Your attitude of never give up is one I’m trying to emulate. Would you share, what stage were you when first diagnosed?

Accw...

Thank you...my journey has had its share of ups and downs, though while the downs have been pretty low...the ups have been way more plentiful in my book!

I was dx with anal cancer in 2011 at stage 3b with lymph node involvement and treated with protocol chemo/rad as well as ostomy surgery (which was to be temporary) but became permanent. Then in 2015 a large tumor (anal cancer met) on my lung but contained in one lobe so  lobectomy surgery and chemo. And then, in August/Sept. 2018 radiation for another anal cancer met to the lung (technically hilum) area and treated with radiation. 

Also a year after my initial anal cancer dx (2012) I was dx with a rare breast cancer unrelated to the anal cancer and treatment was a double mastectomy.

It is interesting the body parts we can live without, recreate, or rearrange, lol.

katheryn

• Accw
    Accw Member Posts: 15 Member
    Katheryn

Thank you so much for sharing! You are an inspiration. You have been through so much but remain so positive. You give us all hope!