Lost Discussions

Options

This breakdown of the system resulting in the loss of so many conversations, helpful tips, resources, guidance, etc. is awful.  i can't believe that there wasn't a solid back-up system in place to prevent something like this from occuring.  It's a terrible blow to folks who are struggling with life threatening health issues to lose all of this on top of what they're dealing with in their lives.  i hope the Cancer Society has rectified this situation so it doesn't ever happen again.  (i'm married to a computer programmer and my son is also a programmer - they are beyond appalled that there wasn't a mechanism in place to recover the information.)

i'm sorry for anyone who is affected by this.  There are folks i was wanting to check up on  and now, of course, i can't locate them.  UGH!!

Comments

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    Options
    It is such a shame! Please

It is such a shame! Please post again, friends, if you are able. We are still here.

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    accordiangirl--

JUST to let you know if you can find the person you are looking for in a  "PREVIOUS POSTING".

You can click on their name on the left and if they have a picture their name is under the picture and it will take you to their member page. Then click contact user and it will open a page that lets you send a message to that person. If their post was only made in the lost files this obviously won't work.

• accordiongirl
    accordiongirl Member Posts: 63
    Options
    wbcgaruss said:

accordiangirl--

JUST to let you know if you can find the person you are looking for in a  "PREVIOUS POSTING".

You can click on their name on the left and if they have a picture their name is under the picture and it will take you to their member page. Then click contact user and it will open a page that lets you send a message to that person. If their post was only made in the lost files this obviously won't work.

Yes, but.....

.....if you don't know their user name, then you're out of luck.  i was hoping to follow up with a lady who recently posted, but she was new and i can't recall her user name.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.  Thanks for trying to help, though - much appreciated!!

~accordiongirl

• stevenpepe
    stevenpepe Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Judging by how antiquated

Judging by how antiquated this forum is, I'm not surprised there is no backup in place. Even if not automated, it takes 10 seconds to do it manually. Looks like they don't have any real dedicated personnel in place for web maintenance.l

• stevenpepe
    stevenpepe Member Posts: 234
    Options
    I happen to do it for a

I happen to do it for a living...