Paul Allen

Has anyone heard more details about Paul Allen's (of Microsoft fame) demise to Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.  Apparently he went very fast after having a recurrance.  It has struck home for me as I followed him a bit with his oceanic science projects and his various yachts and research vessels.

Comments

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 903 Member
    DLBCL

the Seattle paper said he died of Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

• Evarista
    Evarista Member Posts: 336 Member
    Prior Hodgkin's?

I believe he had a history of Hodgkin's many years prior.

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,465 Member
    1982 Hodgkin's, 2009 DLBCL, 2018 DLBCL relapse

The latest is that he died from sepsis rather than the lymphoma itself. He stated that he was going to fight it aggressively and the treatment apparently lowered his blood counts such that he could not fight the infection.

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 903 Member
    po18guy said:

1982 Hodgkin's, 2009 DLBCL, 2018 DLBCL relapse

The latest is that he died from sepsis rather than the lymphoma itself. He stated that he was going to fight it aggressively and the treatment apparently lowered his blood counts such that he could not fight the infection.

I liked the guy

Not that I ever personally knew him. Stratolaunch is way, way cool and will revolutionize satellite industry. $5 million vs $70 million to launch a satellite! he is rumored to have predicted by 2050 you would be able to launch a satellite from your back yard. The guy was a visionary! I am trying to get my grandchildren to be free thinkers like Mr. Allen. Dream the impossible and make it happen!