RADIATION CREAMS & LOTIONS

Options
gumdrop
gumdrop Member Posts: 5
edited October 2018 in Breast Cancer #1

I used the Auafor & Aloa Vera did not help me at all & seemed to worsen the redness & I began to get blisters. I am very light complected, large breasted, & have many food & grass allergies. I had no idea about creams & lotions of any kind. I was lost & so worried about the radiation burns that most of the reviewers talked about. I was scared & I dont want YOU to be... so I wanted so much to get on here & tell you all the below, so you have an idea of options to use.

So, I researched hundreds of womens reviews online (2 full days worth of researching) & I found many great reviews on certains creams & lotions... many I found at Walgreeens. And the cream that worked BEST FOR ME is 'Eucerin Original Healing', the price is great... its a Dermatological Skincare Creme (small tube with red cap)... it's thick like toothpaste with a short list of ingredients. The'Eucerin Original took away all the redness of burn & the little blisters! But I still had the inner breast pain that comes with the radiation treatment. The lotions & creams only help with the outer radiation burns & blisters okay.

Others creams & lotions mentioned with success were: Jeans Cream (pricey, but most spoke about), My Girls Cream (pricey), Udderly Smoothe, Eucerin Advanced Healing (I could not find this one), Miaderm, Emu Oil, A&D ointment, Currell Ultra Healing Lotion (worked 'ok' for me, but the Eurcin was great), Lasinoh (breastfeeding womens cream), Derma QOL, Miaderm,  & Nature's Inventory Radiation Therapy Oil, Tamanu Oil (great one & all natural, I wasnt sure if this was better than the Eucercin or not. But the Eucerin did clear away more of the red spots on me), Radiaplex Gel & Liquid Neutragena. A university suggests a product called 'Alra' & another university suggests 'Vanicream (this cream came real close to the Currell Ultra Healing, which worked good for me too, but just not as well as the Eucerin)'. I pray a safe experience for you all!

Comments

• gumdrop
    gumdrop Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2018 #2
    Options
    What is working 'for me', with details.

Always check with your Doctor before doing anything else from what he advises you.

THE BELOW WAS ALL 'MY EXPERIENCE'.

MY ROUTINE: AFTER my Daily Rad. treatments (Rad. means 'Radiation') at 11am., then afterwards, I go immediately back to the changing room & I lather up with the 'Eucerin Original Healing' lotion... Then I lay on a large piece of guaze fabric over my right breast that is being treated (I had cut many pieces of guaze fabric at home, large enough to cover from my chest to below my breast, about 12inches X 10inches). START using whatever creams/oils that your Dr tells you to about 2 weeks before you start radiation treatment, if possible. During treatments, use your oil/creams 1.immediatly, & daily after each treatment 2. in between having your treatment & going to bed 3. before bed time. NEVER 4 hours before treatment without Dr's permission.

The guaze fabric keeps all the oils & creams from ruining alot of clothing with stains, cut about 15 pieces because you will need 2 a day; 1 to wash off your breast 4 hours before treatment & the other to lay over the oils/creams 'after' treatment. Some people just use a big SOFT FABRIC t shirt... the SOFTEST fabric you can find that goes up high to cover your chest because the redness/burns can reach your upper chest area. But then you would have to wash the Tshirt every day, the guaze pieces worked great, 2 a day & throw them in the washer  once a week.

AFTER the whole breast treaments are done, then I had 'BOOSTS', where they only radiate where my surgery incision was located... but you STILL have to lotion/oil the entire breast for up to 2 weeks after ALL the radiation treatments are done. 

MY CLOTHES: I wore the same outfit during all the rad treatments! I washed them about every3-4 days. Mine were in October,... I had a great comfortable bra that took me from the 1st surgery, a 2nd surgery (cuz I had comlications), and all the way through my Rad. treatments. I did end up cutting 'the band' of the bra off in the front cuz it bothered me underneath my breast. But the fabric was great to scrub out blood stains (from Hematoma), & it was a soft cup, front closure (front closure bra was a must for going through all this! A 'Glamorise' bra, #1265, Order bra 1 size larger, for swelling) bra,  then a guaze piece, then an extremely SOFT, loose cami, then a very soft & lightweight shirt, then a light (not thick), baggy sweater. I was very able to wear a bra from start to finsih! You will need to have bra 'support' when the 'inner breast pain' from the treatments start up, it hurts. It was all soft & loose, very important! NOTE: Only my nipple area got very sore, so I bought one of those extremely soft bras, the BIGGEST one I could find & I cut out the cups. After the last 4-5 treatments, I would lather on the cream & then bend over a little & set that 'cut out soft cup' onto my breast & then hook up my front closure bra... it works absolutely great! I WILL HAVE TO ONLY THROW AWAY THE SHIRT & THE BRA AFTER THIS IS ALL OVER. I read 2 days worth of reviews before going into this & they had to throw away lots of clothing & some got bad burns because they didnt know about different oils & creams. I thank those women for their reviews, they saved me from a lot of grief & pain!!!!! I used all their advice. Thank you Ladies & God bless you.

Radiation Treatments are not painful, only the 'after effects' can be... if you aren't using oils/creams, & the correct one's for you... its trial & error.

THINGS YOU WILL NEED TO BRING FOR TREATMENTS: A carry bag, Your oils/lotion that you choose to use, Ponytail holder (to wear in treatment), Case for your glasses (leave them in your carry bag, if possible), Either a t-shirt or a piece of soft fabric (to lay over your oil/creams, on your chest)..... I hooked a clip to my bag for the ponytail holders. You can wipe your oily/greasy hands onto the hospital gown after treatmens when you apply your creams/oils.

WE WERE NEVER ALLOWED TO USE CREAMS/OILS 4 HOURS BEFORE GETTING A RADIATION TREATMENT.

WE USED OUR OILS/CREAMS IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARDS IN THE DRESSING ROOMS.

I asked the Radiation for only female techs & then I asked the Techs to please stand behind me until I laid face down (in position) for the treatment... because I didn't like being naked in front of anyone. They were all happy to do so. Year: 2018. END.