Neuropathy WITHOUT chemo?

kgasmart
kgasmart Member Posts: 64 Member

So it started out as Lhermitte's sign, something familiar if not common to a lot of folks on this board. But since then it's progressed to tingling in the hands and feet, primariily on the left side; peripheral neuropathy.

I know that's a thing for some who have had chemo. But I didn't have chemo, I had surgery then 30 rads.

Has this happened to anyone else who didn't have chemo? Calling the doc about it today, wondering how freaked out I should be.

Comments

• momall25ofu
    momall25ofu Member Posts: 81 Member
    Kgasmart, I hope your doctor

Kgasmart, I hope your doctor can get to the bottom of this.  I hope it isn't a permanent condition, but just a freak week or two occurence.  Could the peripheral neuropathy be from another cause?  Have you had your blood sugar tested recently?  

• johnsonbl
    johnsonbl Member Posts: 266 Member
    I had TORS and then radiation...

I had Lhermittes sign for about 3 months.  But no peripheral neuropathy.

Brandon

• kgasmart
    kgasmart Member Posts: 64 Member

Kgasmart, I hope your doctor

Kgasmart, I hope your doctor can get to the bottom of this.  I hope it isn't a permanent condition, but just a freak week or two occurence.  Could the peripheral neuropathy be from another cause?  Have you had your blood sugar tested recently?  

Blood sugar is fine

Just had it tested. Diabetes does run in the family though.

Reading about radiation-induced brachial plexopathy and hoping that's not what it is. 

• corleone
    corleone Member Posts: 312 Member
    Inflammation causes some postsurgical neuropathies

Check this article:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/09/100922111432.htm