Two years of pain

Options
Lorikat
Lorikat Member Posts: 681 Member

I had a tongue biopsy done two years ago and it still hurts all the time.  It was precancerous.  I've been to every kind of doctor I can imagine....I am desperate...any ideas?

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Wondering

I am wondering since you have been to so many doctors what do they have to say about your tongue and biopsy area. They must have some comments as to your continued pain. Have you been to a good ENT? I would go back to your family doc and ask him or her to refer you to the best ENT they know of to get to the bottom of the situation.  Wish I could help but I have never heard of this so maybe someone else has encountered this and will respond. God Bless-best of luck

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570
    Options
    BUMMER

Hey, Lorikat, I can't imagine what a bummer it is to live with that constant pain.  The only thing that I can think of, since you hav been to all of the regular docs, which I'm trusting neurology was amongst them, have you considered acupuncture.  Who knows maybe a needle or two in the right places may provide some relief.  Maybe, also, as wbcgaruss suggests, finding another ENT for a second opinion, who has had some training and or experience with your problem might also be helpful.  I hope that you are able to find someone who can provide relief for you.  Hang in there, and keep searching for someone who can help you; that person has to be out there somewhere. 

Patrick