incision site leaking in rectum

Options
STEVENML
STEVENML Member Posts: 7
edited September 2018 in Anal Cancer #1

Hey There !!

i had stage 3 rectal cancer , done radiation ,chemo, had surgery . the incision area did not heal fully due to what i was told soft tissue from radiation and now scar tissue so area will not close completly 

doctor  had me do  3 Barium enema test  over a period of year  to see if it would heal on its own ! Nope  so we done another surgical procedure doctor used what i will call a Glue on the inscision the area of leak it held for about 11 months now i have a infection belive i have a leak , glue must have failed , on antibiotics  saw doctor yesterday have mri with contrast next week to see if antibiotics have worked  and to compare with last one to see if infection has receded . infection  nonspecific presacral soft tissue infection 

What can i do now !! Help 

doctor is concerned that this area is delicate due too soft tissue , scar tissue , not a lot of area of rectum left large mass was removed from rectum.

Looking for some guidance , advice , has any one else had this dificulty  with surgery it is now 3 years and still having issues . But Happy to be here  

thank you

Steven 

Comments

• z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Steven

I think you should copy and paste this to the colorectal board, theres a lot of rectal cancer survivors there.  I had anal, and completed tx 6-2009 and still have scar tissue from the radiation tx.  I use a cream from the gyno to keep it in check.  I know this isn't the same as what your experiencing.  I hope you will get some suggestions.  Lori