4 months post rad

Darkdancer333
Darkdancer333 Member Posts: 115 Member

I am doing quite well actually. Only lingering problems is I have trouble putting on weight. My appetitite is not what it use to be.

MY mucus is still there, which i find abnormal. PET Scan was good, and my scope showed nothing. I suffer from fatigue which probably has to 

do with the weight loss. MY throat is still swollen and I have to wash down everything with water when I eat. My taste is fully restored!!!!!!!!! Mexican food :)

Just when we try to get our normal life back our Grandson who is 6 years old and lives in the Republic of Georgia was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma.  They are treating at a hospital in Rome Italy. 

It just hurts to think of children having to deal with cancer. His treatment is going to be 12 to 18 months of chemo. My wife is a mess having to deal with back to back cancers. The Italian doctor says

his cure is 90%. When I look at American cure rates its 70-80 % with no mestasism, 60% with mestasis. Our grandson has mestasis in the spine. I am very confused how the cure rate is different in two countries. 

Italy does do stem-cell which they are going to use in treatment. 

On the Brain tumor forum it's very difficult to find people who have gone through this. 

Anyway just wanted to say hello and all seems good with me

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,274 Member
    Congrats 4 months out

Glad you are doing fairly well and are improving. It takes a long time to recover because it is a very slow process but you are well on your way. Your mucus problem will eventually go away and your appetite will improve and fatigue lesson. So glad the PET was clear and a clear scope job too-Hurray. But so sorry to hear your grandson has gotten cancer at such a young age. Prayers for him and you folks in this difficult time-Russ