Tonge cancer

Options

On September 7th, 2018. Had tonge surgery. They cut half of my of my tonge on the right side. And got reconstructed. Now, I am doing some exercise. The pathologist tells that will work, and eventually I will be able to tallk again, clearly. But, I had the feeling that will never happened and I will be talking funny for ever. Please, is any of you in my situation? I would love to know. Thank you so much!

Comments

• stevenpepe
    stevenpepe Member Posts: 234
    edited September 2018 #2
    Options
    If you had reconstruction,

If you had reconstruction, you may very well speak normally again. I had about a quarter of my tongue taken on the left side. No reconstruction, it simply healed and fused together. So now my tongue pulls to the left and I cant stick it out much, resulting in altered speech. It's not bad compared to other issues with radiation, but I get by as best as possible. Good luck to you.

• Nancy6704
    Nancy6704 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2018 #3
    Options

If you had reconstruction,

If you had reconstruction, you may very well speak normally again. I had about a quarter of my tongue taken on the left side. No reconstruction, it simply healed and fused together. So now my tongue pulls to the left and I cant stick it out much, resulting in altered speech. It's not bad compared to other issues with radiation, but I get by as best as possible. Good luck to you.

Thank you for taking the time

to answer me. 

You gave me hope! 

• Nancy6704
    Nancy6704 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I said NO TO RADIATION,

I was completely scare of what was going to happened to my tonge.  So I just said NO