Important question recurrent cancer & surgery

Options

Hi all,

I have a selective neck dissection for my recurrent H & N Cancer BOT HPV+. My original cancer was stage 4.2 b T3. I read a few artilces on line by reputable sources that when the T size is T3 or higfher and stage is 4a or higher Neck dissection (also called salvage surgery) is the best way to "Manage" The cancer and depending on the paper, its chances of recurrence for BOT is 41.7 to 49.1%. I will greatly apreciate if those members who have had similar cancer to mine and it recurred can hellp me oout, because I have surgery schedulded for 9/25./18. Seein the SO tomorrow and I have to tell him go ahead or NOT go ahead

Thanks an awful lot

Mehrdad

Comments

• momall25ofu
    momall25ofu Member Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mehrdad, what did you decide

Mehrdad, what did you decide on going ahead or not?  Hoping for this to work out good for you...

• mehrdad357
    mehrdad357 Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Rcurrent cancer and surgery

Yes, because so far I have no other alternative (including immunotherapy) that will give me a 2 year survival chance of 55%.

This is why I am looking for alternative therapies.

• ThomasF
    ThomasF Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2018 #4
    Options

Rcurrent cancer and surgery

Yes, because so far I have no other alternative (including immunotherapy) that will give me a 2 year survival chance of 55%.

This is why I am looking for alternative therapies.

Have you researched available

Have you researched available clinical trials for your specific diagnosis? I recently searched for available trials for recurrent head and neck cancer in the Dallas area and there were quite a few that came up.

ClinicalTrials.gov

• johnsonbl
    johnsonbl Member Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    ThomasF said:

Have you researched available

Have you researched available clinical trials for your specific diagnosis? I recently searched for available trials for recurrent head and neck cancer in the Dallas area and there were quite a few that came up.

ClinicalTrials.gov

Good point Thomas...

I believe Mehrdad previously said he was at Stanford????  I think there is an active trial there for recurrent HPV H/N cancer based on that vaccine that they injected into tumors and it literally went and sought out any other unknown mets.  Obviously a lot of rules around whether a person is eligible or not...and maybe I'm not right in thinking he was at Stanford.

http://med.stanford.edu/cancer/trials/results.html?ctid=NCT03289962

• mehrdad357
    mehrdad357 Member Posts: 66
    Options
    johnsonbl said:

Good point Thomas...

I believe Mehrdad previously said he was at Stanford????  I think there is an active trial there for recurrent HPV H/N cancer based on that vaccine that they injected into tumors and it literally went and sought out any other unknown mets.  Obviously a lot of rules around whether a person is eligible or not...and maybe I'm not right in thinking he was at Stanford.

http://med.stanford.edu/cancer/trials/results.html?ctid=NCT03289962

Can you help me find this clinical trial?

Yes you are right, and I am at Stanford and thank you vrery much. I seached a lot for this clinical trial and could not find anything. I have never searched for any clinical trial anywhere. I am scheduled to have my surgery on 9/25/18 and I have to go to Stanford to be hospitalized as an inpatient on 9/24/18. If you can help me find te trial so that I can contact them and see what's going on I will greatly appreciate it. If it works I have till end of the day Friday 9/21 to postpone or cancel my surgery.

Thanks a lot

Mehrdad

• ThomasF
    ThomasF Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2018 #7
    Options

Can you help me find this clinical trial?

Yes you are right, and I am at Stanford and thank you vrery much. I seached a lot for this clinical trial and could not find anything. I have never searched for any clinical trial anywhere. I am scheduled to have my surgery on 9/25/18 and I have to go to Stanford to be hospitalized as an inpatient on 9/24/18. If you can help me find te trial so that I can contact them and see what's going on I will greatly appreciate it. If it works I have till end of the day Friday 9/21 to postpone or cancel my surgery.

Thanks a lot

Mehrdad

Go to this link: https://www

Go to this link: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/search/advanced?cond=&term=&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=

Enter the specifics of your case and for your area. When you select your country, it allows you to select your city, miles you're willing to travel, etc.

Your search results should provide multiple options.