It Works For Me: Attitude

patricke
patricke Member Posts: 570
edited September 2018 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

I came across this perspective on life many eons ago, and immediately embraced and incorporated it into my philosophy of how I live my life.  This view has enabled me to positively enjoy, deal and cope with the many experiences and vissitueds that I have encountered on my journey in life; the wonderful, the good, the bad, the- Oh Freak, It's The Beast.  Yep, some days were/are better than others, especially during radiation treatment in the dungeon; and the days, weeks, and months of recovery, but no matter how bad it was/is, (and going through the numerous gauntlets was very, very bad) I made/make a conscious effort to say to myself:  I Can Do This, even if it is only for this nanosecond... .   Thus, I offer for consideration, one of the cornerstones of my life, to my Beast Warrior family.  As I am want to say:   I'm just happy to be here; and Keep It Mov'in Forward.   Love and Encouraging Huggs,

Patrick

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one thing we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes." -Charles Swindoll  

Comments

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    Thumbs up.

Thumbs up.

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,274 Member
    edited September 2018 #3
    Thanks for Sharing That

You have many times inspired me and many others on here i'M SURE. Also you answers are always right on with inspiration, facts, no nonsense, and a dash of humor. Thanks Patrick.

• momall25ofu
    momall25ofu Member Posts: 81 Member
    Patrick, thank you so much

Patrick, thank you so much for this post, it brought tears to my eyes, but joy to my heart.  You've walked a hard battle, but stand strong saying, "I can, I will!"  Thank you!

• Suez39
    Suez39 Member Posts: 162 Member
    Great attitude!

Patrick you truly are an "amazing" person. You posted to one of my posts saying you lived and worked with peg tube for 12 years! And it didn't seem to phase you at all. Remarkable. If that ever happens to me I don't think I would be as accepting as you were. I have one now and it makes me kinda sad. Keep writing to this forum because you truly are an inspiration to me and others!!

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited September 2018 #6
    my word is "outlook"

After recovering, I can say my "outlook" on life and living changed a lot. Maybe more like clarity and focus on the things that are important to me and my family. Probably number one is life every day like it's your last, enjoy it as much as you can as tomorrow might not come. All the daily crap just falls out of sight.

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570
    donfoo said:

my word is "outlook"

After recovering, I can say my "outlook" on life and living changed a lot. Maybe more like clarity and focus on the things that are important to me and my family. Probably number one is life every day like it's your last, enjoy it as much as you can as tomorrow might not come. All the daily crap just falls out of sight.

YES, I SECOND THAT!

Yes, oh yes, I so second your outlook, because, for me it is so true too!  Every day is truly a gift to be appreciated and lived as well as possible. 

Patrick