Post 66 Days Back Wearing Diapers Again....

Options
Ottawamarc1234
Ottawamarc1234 Member Posts: 148 Member

All my poos are 'soft and wet' staining my underwear and changing 5 times a day has me back wearing diapers...frustrating after post 2 mths...developed a horrible chest cold...bad first thing in the morning...have to question Docs and Pharmacist now about drug interactions (no Aspirin Products ie including Voltaren and Pepto Bismo) since started taking blood thinners. Buckleys Cough Syrup is OK. Thanks!!

Comments

• feckcancer
    feckcancer Member Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Healing

Hello. this part is so hard , almost harder i think than the treatment sometimes.

the year after i finished i was so sick and tired and weak and caught every bug under the sun. if a person with a cold came near me i got the flu. it took forever to recover as well then i would get another one.

My doctors told me to take take 2 loperamide 2mg every moring to firm up my poos then one after each runny one up to 8 a day. not addictive. and helps stop leaking if firm.

Also eat 'white diet' which is as low fibre as you can get. basically eat what makes most people constipated! even now some foods to high in fibre can set me off. i miss brown bread with seeds in so much but oh well this is my life now...no cigarettes, no spicy food, no brown bread, no brown rice . the opposite of what i have been taught is healthy. always a price to pay but not a very high one. 

Doctors also advised me to take vitimins in liquid form as then they go quicly into your bloodstream to help with bugs. i took disolvable vit C every morning. this is because everything is crapped out to fast to be absorbed. i was also advised to have flu shot.

hang in there. it takes a long time to get well. parts of your body has been burnt to ****. they need time to heal and tender loving care from you. i can remember my doctors laughing at me as i demanded why i didn't feel better at my 6 week check up. 'very early days' they said. in hind sight maybe it was to early to fly off to another country for plastic surgery on my face 7 weeks after finishing treatment but whatever. 

it WILL get better. just so slowly that it will drive you mad. 

Take care

• Ottawamarc1234
    edited September 2018 #3
    Options

Healing

Hello. this part is so hard , almost harder i think than the treatment sometimes.

the year after i finished i was so sick and tired and weak and caught every bug under the sun. if a person with a cold came near me i got the flu. it took forever to recover as well then i would get another one.

My doctors told me to take take 2 loperamide 2mg every moring to firm up my poos then one after each runny one up to 8 a day. not addictive. and helps stop leaking if firm.

Also eat 'white diet' which is as low fibre as you can get. basically eat what makes most people constipated! even now some foods to high in fibre can set me off. i miss brown bread with seeds in so much but oh well this is my life now...no cigarettes, no spicy food, no brown bread, no brown rice . the opposite of what i have been taught is healthy. always a price to pay but not a very high one. 

Doctors also advised me to take vitimins in liquid form as then they go quicly into your bloodstream to help with bugs. i took disolvable vit C every morning. this is because everything is crapped out to fast to be absorbed. i was also advised to have flu shot.

hang in there. it takes a long time to get well. parts of your body has been burnt to ****. they need time to heal and tender loving care from you. i can remember my doctors laughing at me as i demanded why i didn't feel better at my 6 week check up. 'very early days' they said. in hind sight maybe it was to early to fly off to another country for plastic surgery on my face 7 weeks after finishing treatment but whatever. 

it WILL get better. just so slowly that it will drive you mad. 

Take care

New Wet Poos And Farts...Driving Me Nuts...

Mucus discharge like during treatment. Weird looking colour. Staining underwear back on diapers...5 to 8 diaper changes a day!! Why..was fine for weeks...now this condition has reared its ugly head once again...soft stools amd mucus post 66 Days!!!!??? Eating normally...strange strange Oct 15th is my followup....hmmmmm

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    edited September 2018 #4
    Options

New Wet Poos And Farts...Driving Me Nuts...

Mucus discharge like during treatment. Weird looking colour. Staining underwear back on diapers...5 to 8 diaper changes a day!! Why..was fine for weeks...now this condition has reared its ugly head once again...soft stools amd mucus post 66 Days!!!!??? Eating normally...strange strange Oct 15th is my followup....hmmmmm

A radical suggestion.....

If all you're having are small stainings, why wear a diaper? Trot down the incontinence aisle to the women's section and look for Tena brand. The underpants shields they make for night-time use may be all you need. Make sure you get the 'long' ones. Although they are marketed for urinary incontinence, the back of the pad fans out to cover your fanny. I am nearly always incontinent of urine and sometimes incontinent of stool, so that's why I buy those particular pads. At least try them. (I am 4 years post-pelvic radiation.)

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options

A radical suggestion.....

If all you're having are small stainings, why wear a diaper? Trot down the incontinence aisle to the women's section and look for Tena brand. The underpants shields they make for night-time use may be all you need. Make sure you get the 'long' ones. Although they are marketed for urinary incontinence, the back of the pad fans out to cover your fanny. I am nearly always incontinent of urine and sometimes incontinent of stool, so that's why I buy those particular pads. At least try them. (I am 4 years post-pelvic radiation.)

Oct 2 Followup Scan. Starting Smokers Sensation Program..

At hospital soon. Very tough habit to break.

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Ottawamarc1234

Wishing you good news on your scan and success with the smokers cessation program.

• Andreakh
    Andreakh Member Posts: 2
    Options
    10 years after trearment

a few months ago I started having constant diarrhea. Now I am in the hospital, after many scans they  found I have two fistulas one from my bladder to my colon and one from my colon to my vagina. They put colostomy bag and catheter and want to send me home for now. Hoping some of the fistulas will heal by themselves and if not there is not much they can do, they say fixing it would be hard cause the skin after radiation won’t heal. Any advise? Thank you!

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options
    Daily Suffering While Wait For Round 2 Of Treatment Anal Infecti

Aug 6 and 8 next appointments. Up late tonight with leg spasms and groin pain. New toilet seat is squishing my groin muscles when I poo in morning after night before stool softeners causes pain and spasms in left leg at night when trying to sleep.

Ben gay...magnesium and heating pad that's all I can do with a few Percs and Extra Strength Tylenol hope I fall asleep unless another set spasm wakes me up!!!