Checking in

Roar
Roar Member Posts: 269 Member

hello all. I don’t know what made me think to check in, but here I am. Almost 6 years from my last treatment. Glad to see some of the people that were here for me during my ordeal Are still here.  As a survivor we all know our inner feelings. It is easy to say you have to fight. For me it was the toughest fight I ever endured' and I do martial arts. All of you about to enter the survivor club lwether beginning treatmen, midway or at the end of your treatment Have to constantly remind yourself how lucky you are that a team of doctors think you can be cured. You need to listen to them and if something don’t feel right you have to let them know. I had stopped checking in because of the anxiety of a possible reoccurrenc. I still think about it, but not like in the beginnin. All of you are constantly in my prayers. I have had friends and relatives who have been diagnosed with other types of cancer in the 6 years I have been NED. And I have told each one where to go. Right here. God bless you all and don’t stop fighting. The new normal is right around the corner

Comments

• MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,030 Member
    Sensei

Glad to see you again, I hope the Dojo is a happy place for you once again. Thank you for your update and words of wisdom. Yes, we each find our "New Normal" and work with it trying not to look back over our shoulders. 

My Best to You and Everyone Here

• momall25ofu
    momall25ofu Member Posts: 81 Member
    Such an encouragment  to hear

Such an encouragment  to hear survivor stories and your wisdom for the battle.

• bebo12249
    bebo12249 Member Posts: 181 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Thanks for the encouragement.. bill

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    thanks for dropping

Always nice to have a former member drop in and say hi. Wonderful words of encouragement too. Please get past the scare of recurrence. Not going to happen! Don