Recurrent pa

I completed radiation treatment for suproglottis cancer one year ago and so far so good except the other side of my throat where the cancer was not has become painful. My oncologist scoped and didn't see anything abnormal. My ENT wants to biopsy. My question to long term survivors is: Is this from irritation? I do try to avoid certain foods but wonder how long sensitivity lasts? Thank you.

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    I remember getting worried

...anytime my throat or tongue (or cheeks or gums) hurt.....usually, if I go over the day before....thinking about what I ate and find a culprit.  So many times it’s something you wouldn expect....since some days your throat/mouth are dryer than other days and tender. 

P

• wytrbt
    wytrbt Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2018 #3

I remember getting worried

...anytime my throat or tongue (or cheeks or gums) hurt.....usually, if I go over the day before....thinking about what I ate and find a culprit.  So many times it’s something you wouldn expect....since some days your throat/mouth are dryer than other days and tender. 

P

Thank you Phrannie. I was

Thank you Phrannie. I was hoping you would be the one who answered. I followed you in the past during my dark days of treatment. I am so sorry to read that yours recurred. Head and neck is such an awful cancer. A lot of emotional and psychological issues. Now I have developed tinnitus that crippled me for about 4 months. It ruined my health and delayed healing. I am in a tinnitus retraining program now that helps me to live with it. Lately my throat has been so sore that I got worried. I'll baby it for a few days. Did you have a particular gargle that helped you? I found some organic aloe vera capsules without citric acid that I mix with water to be helpful. My name is Sally. Wytrbt is from a song I loved.....white rabbit.....child of the 60"s! Thank you for the reply.

• wytrbt
    wytrbt Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2018 #4
    wytrbt said:

Thank you Phrannie. I was

Thank you Phrannie. I was hoping you would be the one who answered. I followed you in the past during my dark days of treatment. I am so sorry to read that yours recurred. Head and neck is such an awful cancer. A lot of emotional and psychological issues. Now I have developed tinnitus that crippled me for about 4 months. It ruined my health and delayed healing. I am in a tinnitus retraining program now that helps me to live with it. Lately my throat has been so sore that I got worried. I'll baby it for a few days. Did you have a particular gargle that helped you? I found some organic aloe vera capsules without citric acid that I mix with water to be helpful. My name is Sally. Wytrbt is from a song I loved.....white rabbit.....child of the 60"s! Thank you for the reply.

How are you feeling on the

How are you feeling on the Keytruda?