I’m new member

2»

Comments

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Riverside and Storm welcome!

I can’t speak to you about “green juice” as I was not given much info about what I should eat during chemo other than eating more protein and drinking lots of water. I did discover that as I continued to have 6 rounds of chemo, I developed aversions to salads and thin sandwich bread (still gag when I eat Thins!)  I WISH someone warned me that Taclitaxel chemotherapy could cause me to develop permanent neuropathy. Please look into icing your feet and hands to prevent permanent damage to them. I am almost 5 years out from my diagnosis of stage 3a UPSC. My 6 rounds of Taclitaxel and Carboplatin ended in March, 2014. My neuropathy in my toes and the balls of my feet is apparently permanent as I have not had any improvement over the years. A small price to pay but still.....

Warm Wishes,

Cathy

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Same here abbycat. Too late

Same here abbycat. Too late to hear about icing and two years after chemo I still have neuropathy, but it’s been a small price to pay to be NED presently.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Soup52 said:

Same here abbycat. Too late

Same here abbycat. Too late to hear about icing and two years after chemo I still have neuropathy, but it’s been a small price to pay to be NED presently.

I agree! Wish I had known

I agree! Wish I had known about icing.  The neuropathy in my feet is probably permanent although my Nyquil still works pretty good for getting me through the night. Bit as both you have said it sure beats the alternative of pushing up daisies!

Love,

Eldri