Gastric Metaplasia with Ovarian Pain

Hi.  First time on a message board ever but I have so many questions and would like to stay off of Google or worry the family.  I am a 39 year old mother of 6 and pretty healthy individual until recently.

I began having stomach troubles 4 weeks ago along with severe breathing difficulties. I couldn't dig deep enough for a breath.  I would have severe acid reflux, heart palpitations, vomiting, diarhhea, constipation, bloating, headaches and the breathing became so labored, I went to the Urgent Care near my house fearing a heart attack.  The EKG and bloodwork were fine (big yay for that) but showed I was anemic and to follow up with a gastro dr.  So I did.  I had an upper endoscopy 2 weeks ago that revealed Gastric Intestinal Metaplasia along with a very irritated esophagus.  Dr put me on a PPI and wants me to come back in a month and wants to watch me annually with repeat upper endoscopies to monitor the GIM.  He said my acid reflux was so severe I was getting acid in my lungs causing the breathing issues.  

Fast forward, I've been on the meds, changed my diet and I'm actually worse, not better.  I fell asleep at my desk yesterday during the day (never did this before and I worked through 4 pregnancies) and again today...the fatigue is unreal. I've been experiencing the fatigue for about a week now. Throughtout this whole ordeal, my ovaries have been badly cramping daily but I was thinking it was just my stomach confusing me.  I had a hysterectomy in November 2018 but left my ovaries.  I have a history of ovarian cysts and actually had a small one during my hysterectomy but the dr left it because she said it didn't look suspicious.

The heartburn is so bad that it feels like someone is stabbing me under both breasts.  The pain is also in my shoulders and upper and lower back.  The acid reflux pain iI'm having everywhere reminds me of the "trapped gas" you get after a procedure.  It's intense.  

I say all of this to ask this question.  Could all of the above be related or 2 seperate issues? My gastro dr wants to see me Friday as I called them to tell them I'm feeling worse.  But in the meantime, should I go to urgent care or make appt with my gynecologist to check the ovaries? I don't want to be too overreactive or worry my hubby.  Just wandering if anyone on here has experienced anything similar??

Thanks!

2018-08-07

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,353 Member
    motherbrock, I am sorry to

motherbrock, I am sorry to hear everything you are going through.  I think you are right to stay clear of Dr. Google, however, you need answers as to what is really going on.  Please don't take this the wrong way, but an urgent care is not going to get you the tests you need.  IMO seeng both the gastro and gyn is a good idea.  You need proper testing and urgent care is good for the flu, tonsilitis, a bladder infection - that's it.   Finding out what is going on is going to be the best you can do for your family.

• motherbrock
    motherbrock Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018 #3

motherbrock, I am sorry to

motherbrock, I am sorry to hear everything you are going through.  I think you are right to stay clear of Dr. Google, however, you need answers as to what is really going on.  Please don't take this the wrong way, but an urgent care is not going to get you the tests you need.  IMO seeng both the gastro and gyn is a good idea.  You need proper testing and urgent care is good for the flu, tonsilitis, a bladder infection - that's it.   Finding out what is going on is going to be the best you can do for your family.

Thanks NoTimeForCancer

Thanks.  Didn't take it the wrong way, I enjoy the truth.  I've got a call in to both dr's to make appointments.  Sometimes I wish there was just one place you get all the answers.