Soldiering on.....

2»

Comments

• annie4145
    annie4145 Member Posts: 218 Member
    Inishbofin:

Inishbofin:

Hi, I have two sons, ages 10 and 12.  They are almost the same ages as your girls (both just turned one year older in May).  Keep on the stuggle.....My heart is with you. 

Barbara

• asalesky
    asalesky Member Posts: 1
    lizard44 said:

It does get old after a while

I was diagnosed with stage 4  rectal cancer with mets to the liver in  May 2015, had  8  Folfox plus Avastin treatments followed by  28 radiation treatments with a 5FU pump 24/5 before  beginning   a new  chemo cocktail of Irinotecan and Erbitux in April 2016. Had a liver ablation in August 2016, developed a fibrin shield around my port and had to have it removed and replaced.  New port was implanted in Nov. 2016, resulting in a collapsed lung which meant an extra day or two in the hospital with a chest tube. Had abdominoperineal surgery with a permanent  colostomy in Oct 2017.  Scans were good until  the last one, in July, that showed the beast is back, with  possible spread to  lungs and inguinal lymph nodes.  Finished up  the 54th  Irinotecan/Erbitux treatment on July 13 and am now back on Folfox and Avastin as of last week.That last treatment was worse than I remember the first 8 being, but it could be the culmulative effects  building up.  I'm not looking foward to going in next week for another infusion, but  the best I can do is take it one day, one treatment,one procedure, one scan at a time and hang in there as best I can,which is what most of us seem to be doing. I've found that I can take more than I thought I could to keep the beast at bay and myself functioning as normally as possible.  Hang in there and play whatever mind tricks you need to  in order to get  through and be able to spend  more time with your family. I hate that so many younger people with   children are joining us, but am hopeful that one day reseachers will find a way not to  just keep the monster down, but eradicate it forever and prevent it from messing up  any more lives.

Grace/lizard44

May I ask where are you

May I ask where are you receiving treatment and who performed the APR surgerY?

Thank you! 

• Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 463 Member
    edited August 2018 #24
    I feel ya!

I am feeling the same way. I hate the pump. I dread the infusion. The first 3 days are not bad but then they take the pump off and I drop. Nausea and such ridiculous fatigue. I keep trying to put one foot in front of the other but some days are way harder than others.

Hang in there. I'm walking the same path, partner. Let's get this done.

• plsletitrain
    plsletitrain Member Posts: 252 Member
    Same

It also gets to me, that feeling of low whenever I'm on infusion.  I think all of us have been through that, its not easy being on chemo.  My main problem is the mental effect of chemo, I feel like wanting to cry on the infusion center but I have no choice but to keep on living like nothing's happening.