Dietary changes?

Scubajoe
Scubajoe Member Posts: 39 Member

So three months post-treatment my biopsy was clear and 6 months post the PET scan looks good.  Still have occasional blood when I poo.  I have an internal hemmeroid so it may be from that.  What I have noticed is that I can;t really do processed sugars and definitely no greasy foods like burgers or pizza because the grease will just pour out my butt like 6 hours later.  SIGH!  Does anyone else encounter this and is there anything that you do for it aside avoid those foods?

Thanks

ScubaJoe

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Scubajoe

I'm glad you got good news onthe biopsy and PET scan!  The blood may always be an occasional happening--I'm 10 years out and still have that sometimes.  Greasy foods are not my friend either.  I can eat them in small amounts, but if I go overboard, I have problems with frequent and greasy BM's.  I think it may be related to malabsorption in the intestines (inability to absorb nutrients, fats, etc.).  To my knowledge, there's really not much that one can do to prevent it, other than avoiding trigger foods.  However, I will say that my issues with it are not as severe as they used to be.  On the upside, I know that eating something fatty or greasy will cure my constipation!

• Jane s
    Jane s Member Posts: 77 Member
    sorry

sorry, Joe, but start learning to enjoy the meals at your local senior center, because that's what your body wants now.. :)    I'm a year and a half post treatment and I can actually have a little bit of alcohol again, which is fun, and eat a few french fries maybe once a week or so.  But for the most part it's bland, well cooked, boring food.  I cook everything in water now and add olive oil after it's done, rather than cook in the oil.  It tastes just as good, maybe better actually.  Sugar is the worst, I definitely feel it the next day if I eat sugar and processed foods.  It's not healthy anyway, and now's the time to take great care of ourselves, so boil some veggies and brown rice or millet and eat up, yum! :)  :)  :)