Role Call- CRT

Options
annie4145
annie4145 Member Posts: 218 Member

Hi, does anyone feel comfortable sharing what they receive as far as chemotherapy drugs at any of the big hospitals in the United States).

I will be receiving mitomycin (10mg/m2)(unknown cap, either 15 or 20 mg/day, days 1 and 29, and xeloda 825/m2, twice a day, and radiation (unknown total amount). 

I'm Stage 3a. 

Thanks

Barbara

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited July 2018 #2
    Options
    annie4145

I received mitomycin at the infusion center on day 1 and day 29 and 5FU via infusion pump over 96 hours, beginning on day 1 and day 29.

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    annie4145...

My treatment plan was cisplatin at the clinic via IV on day 1 and 29 with 5FU pump continuous for 96 hours also beginning day 1 and 29. 

Along with that I was started on a Carboplatin trial but had to be taken off after a couple weeks because of complications.

katheryn

• Wisteria83
    Wisteria83 Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Hey Annie...I had the same

Hey Annie...I had the same stage as you and was treated the same way.  I survived but still have issues...no cancer now though!

• liberty67
    liberty67 Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2018 #5
    Options
    Hi, I was stage IIIA as well,

Hi, I was stage IIIA as well, and I received the mitomycin injection once in the beginning, and then once at the end. I had the 5FU pump for the first 96 hours, and then for the last 96 hours as well. I had 34 radiation fractions altogether. Initially they said 30, but then they added four more "booster" fractions. I was upset about that, but it was a good thing, since it kind of gave me extra insurance that they were zapping it as well as possible. This time will go very quickly, best of luck!!

• Scubajoe
    Scubajoe Member Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 2018 #6
    Options

Same as the post below

" I received mitomycin at the infusion center on day 1 and day 29 and 5FU via infusion pump over 96 hours, beginning on day 1 and day 29."

• Kim Gaia
    Kim Gaia Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi barbara. I am in Canada

Hi barbara. I am in Canada and am receiving very much the same chemo as you. I started 3 weeks ago, so am now at my half-way point. I received a 1/2 dose (not full dose) of mitomycin on Day 1. In my case they reduced it because I also have chronic lymphocytic leukemia, and everyone is worried about my neutrophils. And then I am (or was) receiving xeloda (capecitabine) pills 2x daily. I was given a 90% dose of that - so a slight dose reduction from the normal, also to protect my neutrophils. Unfortunately my neutrophils have now dropped below the threshold, so doctors have tempoorarily stopped my xeloda/capecitabine (which would have otherwise continued daily throughout the 6 weeks of treatment). If my neutrophils climb back above 1.5, the xeloda will be restarted.

I am not getting the 2nd dose of mitomycin that is normally given on day 1 of week 5. My doctors say there is now doubt/debate about whether that 2nd dose does anything to improve outcome. So they aren't giving it to me, which is fine with me.

I am scheduled for 30 radiation treatments (5 days a week for 6 weeks).

Good luck to you!

kim :)

• Kim Gaia
    Kim Gaia Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Kim Gaia said:

Hi barbara. I am in Canada

Hi barbara. I am in Canada and am receiving very much the same chemo as you. I started 3 weeks ago, so am now at my half-way point. I received a 1/2 dose (not full dose) of mitomycin on Day 1. In my case they reduced it because I also have chronic lymphocytic leukemia, and everyone is worried about my neutrophils. And then I am (or was) receiving xeloda (capecitabine) pills 2x daily. I was given a 90% dose of that - so a slight dose reduction from the normal, also to protect my neutrophils. Unfortunately my neutrophils have now dropped below the threshold, so doctors have tempoorarily stopped my xeloda/capecitabine (which would have otherwise continued daily throughout the 6 weeks of treatment). If my neutrophils climb back above 1.5, the xeloda will be restarted.

I am not getting the 2nd dose of mitomycin that is normally given on day 1 of week 5. My doctors say there is now doubt/debate about whether that 2nd dose does anything to improve outcome. So they aren't giving it to me, which is fine with me.

I am scheduled for 30 radiation treatments (5 days a week for 6 weeks).

Good luck to you!

kim :)

Meant to add... I am also

Meant to add... I am also stage 3. I think 3a, because PET scan showed cancer only in tumor in anal canal, not also in regional or distal nodes.

kim