Be Greatful Am Still Alive Post Treatment...New Complications??

Options
Ottawamarc1234
Ottawamarc1234 Member Posts: 148 Member
edited July 2018 in Anal Cancer #1

Weird complications post 23 Days...New Anal Fissure...New Shortness of Breath...New various body parts falling asleep...what the hells going on with me? Greatful..wasnt expecting or was told these medical things would develope after treatment. "Be Greatful Your Still Alive!"... Hmmmmm..  

Comments

• ACinNC
    ACinNC Member Posts: 46
    Options
    23 days post treatment is

23 days post treatment is still very early in the recovery. Recovery takes a while and you will go through various stages.  I'm sorry about the fissures.  I have no experience with them. Shortness of breath is something to bring up to your doctor.  It could be from a number of things.  If you are anemic from chemo, it can cause shortness of breath.  But so could effects from the chemo itself. So it is advisable to let your doctors know.

It takes patience and acceptance until you get to a new normal.  You will eventually feel better.

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options
    ACinNC said:

23 days post treatment is

23 days post treatment is still very early in the recovery. Recovery takes a while and you will go through various stages.  I'm sorry about the fissures.  I have no experience with them. Shortness of breath is something to bring up to your doctor.  It could be from a number of things.  If you are anemic from chemo, it can cause shortness of breath.  But so could effects from the chemo itself. So it is advisable to let your doctors know.

It takes patience and acceptance until you get to a new normal.  You will eventually feel better.

Daily Pain 3 or 4 times after every BM..

Poo...getting better rounder than flat...burns healing but new AF Fissure hurts after poo after bath or shower for aboot 2 hrs....especially when out walking around...have to sit each time...frustrating...frustrating...a year of horrible pain prior to Chemoradiation Treatment during and now after...So much for Ottawa Summer this year...too much pain and misery...a right off!!

• liberty67
    liberty67 Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2018 #4
    Options
    Something new every day! I've

Something new every day! I've learned that what might be so today, might not be tomorrow. The nerve issues and things falling asleep ... radiation causes neuropathy, and no one told me about that either. I've read that it can peak at about two-three months post treatment, but everyone is different. My feet started getting cold and falling asleep and it was a real problem for a while, and then it actually went away. But things can change for years after treatment, so who knows what will happen later on. And we are lucky to be alive, but it doesn't mean we don't want to have a good quality of life. It seems to be such a process. Things will get worse, then better, and on it goes from here on in. 

• Ottawamarc1234
    edited July 2018 #5
    Options
    liberty67 said:

Something new every day! I've

Something new every day! I've learned that what might be so today, might not be tomorrow. The nerve issues and things falling asleep ... radiation causes neuropathy, and no one told me about that either. I've read that it can peak at about two-three months post treatment, but everyone is different. My feet started getting cold and falling asleep and it was a real problem for a while, and then it actually went away. But things can change for years after treatment, so who knows what will happen later on. And we are lucky to be alive, but it doesn't mean we don't want to have a good quality of life. It seems to be such a process. Things will get worse, then better, and on it goes from here on in. 

My Feet Feel Weird Too.

Skin doesnt feel normal. 4 AM Neighbors Barky Chihaha and Anal Fissure.

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options

My Feet Feel Weird Too.

Skin doesnt feel normal. 4 AM Neighbors Barky Chihaha and Anal Fissure.

Post 58 Days...Still Having New Issues...

....they tell you not much after treatment ends....what might develope? Fistula and Blood Clot for me. Weird aches loose stools and arm pain. Nuts!!