4 weeks

Brendaklein
Brendaklein Member Posts: 121 Member

I'm nearly done with the 4th week of treatment. 28 total radiation treatments. The burns 

are starting to hurt. The itching is the worst. 

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Brendaklein

You are getting into the time when a lot of the side effects kick in.  Hang in there--you are almost done!

• Ohmy
    Ohmy Member Posts: 102 Member
    You are in the home stretch. 

You are in the home stretch.  Finish the treatment then you can concentrate on healing.  It got pretty intense for me after the fifth week with the chemo.  My doc scheduled me for IV fluids three times a week.  I took lots of sitz baths with Epson salt and baking soda.  After treatment ended I used Domeboro compresses on the burns along with Aquaphor and aloe.  I used hydrocortisone for the itching.  I took the pain meds and I slept a lot.  I saw improvement about two weeks after treatment ended.  Drink lots of water and eat protein.

• Brendaklein
    mp327 said:

Brendaklein

You are getting into the time when a lot of the side effects kick in.  Hang in there--you are almost done!

Thank you

Thank you

• Brendaklein
    Ohmy said:

You are in the home stretch. 

You are in the home stretch.  Finish the treatment then you can concentrate on healing.  It got pretty intense for me after the fifth week with the chemo.  My doc scheduled me for IV fluids three times a week.  I took lots of sitz baths with Epson salt and baking soda.  After treatment ended I used Domeboro compresses on the burns along with Aquaphor and aloe.  I used hydrocortisone for the itching.  I took the pain meds and I slept a lot.  I saw improvement about two weeks after treatment ended.  Drink lots of water and eat protein.

Thank you

Thank you yes the nurse gave me some aquaphor.