Fissure Formed Post Radiation Treatments....

Ottawamarc1234
Ottawamarc1234 Member Posts: 148 Member

...now I know why I am still in mild pain 18 Days Post Treatment...A "Hole or Fissure' has developed in the anus area...hurts after pooing. The Homecare Nurse took a photo and showed me. In order for it to 'heal' properly the area must be kept 'dry'...impossible that area very 'moist'. Using a 'folded ABD pad' in the crack. Time should heal it. Not easy to keep DRY!!

Comments

• Ohmy
    Ohmy Member Posts: 102 Member
    I am so sorry to hear you

I am so sorry to hear you have developed a Fissure.  I did not have a fissure but I did have significant burns after treatment ended.  I pretty much laid in bed with no pants on with a towel under me for a few weeks.  The fan blowing helped to keep things dry.  

• Ottawamarc1234
    Ohmy said:

I am so sorry to hear you

I am so sorry to hear you have developed a Fissure.  I did not have a fissure but I did have significant burns after treatment ended.  I pretty much laid in bed with no pants on with a towel under me for a few weeks.  The fan blowing helped to keep things dry.  

No Fair Pain Bad Tonight. Took Full Oxycodone..

Trying to heal post 19 Days this bloody hole or fissure irritating me with pain and misery. Like the tumour all over again. Got an ABD pad in crack. Had a poo took a bath pain since 10 pm...very very frustrating. Radiologist or nurses wont see me because am 'past the 14 day cutoff'. Have to go back to Emergency and start all over. Not fair. Complication from Radiation...why do I have to go through the whole rigamaroll again????

• OPfarmer
    OPfarmer Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2018 #4

Trying to heal post 19 Days this bloody hole or fissure irritating me with pain and misery. Like the tumour all over again. Got an ABD pad in crack. Had a poo took a bath pain since 10 pm...very very frustrating. Radiologist or nurses wont see me because am 'past the 14 day cutoff'. Have to go back to Emergency and start all over. Not fair. Complication from Radiation...why do I have to go through the whole rigamaroll again????

Don't know in Canada.  Do

Don't know in Canada.  Do know I am very broke from the all the deductibles the past two years.  But I see my chemo oncologist every month, for Port flushes, and then all my follow up proceedures.

I lived with fissures a year before I was diagnosed.  It was the fissure surgery when the found my tumor.

Anyway, it was painful, beyond belief to go through chemo and radiation with fissures., their is prescription ointment for pain and healing.  It might help, it's better than nothing

Even made my own with 2% linacane mixed with liquid Moriphene, and cream as an ointment..

If your taking oxycodone, you better then Be taking a laxative!!!

Keeping your stool soft is YOUR responsibility.  

8 months out I watch what I eat and manage my bowl movements as my #1  priority.  Their is no going back to the old normal.  This is the new normal.

Find some way to deal with the pain that is not an opate.  Opates are counter productive to people with our problems.  Maybe smoke pot or take pot edibles, use equal amounts of CBD so you don't get stoned, unless you want that.

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    OPfarmer said:

Don't know in Canada.  Do

Don't know in Canada.  Do know I am very broke from the all the deductibles the past two years.  But I see my chemo oncologist every month, for Port flushes, and then all my follow up proceedures.

I lived with fissures a year before I was diagnosed.  It was the fissure surgery when the found my tumor.

Anyway, it was painful, beyond belief to go through chemo and radiation with fissures., their is prescription ointment for pain and healing.  It might help, it's better than nothing

Even made my own with 2% linacane mixed with liquid Moriphene, and cream as an ointment..

If your taking oxycodone, you better then Be taking a laxative!!!

Keeping your stool soft is YOUR responsibility.  

8 months out I watch what I eat and manage my bowl movements as my #1  priority.  Their is no going back to the old normal.  This is the new normal.

Find some way to deal with the pain that is not an opate.  Opates are counter productive to people with our problems.  Maybe smoke pot or take pot edibles, use equal amounts of CBD so you don't get stoned, unless you want that.

Risky.

Making your own ointment with lidocaine and morphine sounds risky to me. Lidocaine numbs the anal skin, but morphine is a pain medicine that works by being absorbed into the circulatory system. Remember, anal skin absorbs medications (for example: acetaminiphen and Compazine suppositories). It will absorb the morphine into your blood, too. However, it absorbs differently through the skin than through the stomach. How do you control how much you absorb? Without a degree in pharaceutical science, you can't.

By the way, morphine is an opiate.

• Ottawamarc1234
    3:30 am Sat..no sleep. Fissure Killing Me..

....oozing Poo and Horrible Smell cant get rid of despite numerous baths...Frustrated!! 23 Days Post Treatment New Fissure...Hell!!

• Jane s
    Jane s Member Posts: 77 Member

My doctor gave me a cream called Rectiv and it healed my fissure.  It has nitro glycerin in it, and can give you a headache, but it's better thatn the constant pain from the fissure.  I used it for 4 weeks and I'm feeling much better now.  Good luck, you shouldn't have to deal with this much pain.

• Ottawamarc1234
    Jane s said:

My doctor gave me a cream called Rectiv and it healed my fissure.  It has nitro glycerin in it, and can give you a headache, but it's better thatn the constant pain from the fissure.  I used it for 4 weeks and I'm feeling much better now.  Good luck, you shouldn't have to deal with this much pain.

Post 39 Days....Still Suffering With Damn Fissure...

Poo then bath then horrible itch....lasts for an hour or all day..Seeing my Radiologist on the 15th after my 57th Birthday tomorrow....whats the next...'course of action'...know an MRI is not scheduled until late September.

• Ottawamarc1234
    Itch Gone...Stinging After Poo/Bath...Leg Pains...

Post 52 Days...now developed new leg pains especially near knees...miserable. Voltaren only relief. May go hospital tomorrow for tests...Fissure still annoying me despite baths creams etc. A slow healer and a bad area. Thanks Followup scans in mid Seprember.

• cbviau
    cbviau Member Posts: 22

Silver sulfadiazine (Silvadene) Medicinal

Silver sulfadiazine (Silvadene) Medicinal

I went through painful discomfort with burning sores (from radiation) in the anal area when I was being treated for anal cancer.  My radiologist (bless his soul) subscribed sulfadiazine.  I applied it in gobs because there was no way I could really smooth the cream on my skin in that area without suffering further pain.  It worked so fast and relieved me.

My cousin suffered much worse than I did in the anal/rectal area.  She suffered horribly with signet ring cell adenoocarcinoma of the rectum.  I suggested she talk to her doctor about silver sulfadiazine.   So she did and her doctor prescribed it for her.  And she was thrilled to have the anal area healed in 2-days, after applying the cream. 

I hope you feel much better very soon.  Hugs,

CB