Anaplastic Oligodendroglioma

Freddy
Freddy Member Posts: 1

Hello Friends,

Between 1998 and 2003 I used my phone extensively for 4 to 6 hours, and In 2003 I had started have headaches after 3 days I went to my Physician and he told me to get scanned so I went to one of the best hospital Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Doctor has said to me that I have a benign tumor. The Doctor said you could watch and wait OR you can get it removed and your speech will get affected and you may get paralyzed, or you may die. I decided to wait and watch, and I was taking Homeopathy medicine and on Jan 31st, 2017 I had a seizure in my office, and I fell from my chair and could not remember anything, and my office door was closed so nobody couldn't hear the sound. Before dropping down, I said I need knock at my boss door, so I did go into her office, and I was looking at a window, and she looked at my face, and she has seen bruises on my forehead. Immediately she started screaming somebody call 911 because she knows that I had a Brain tumor. On March 14th, 2017 which was younger daughter birthday I got my surgery done, and I was awake surgery, and it turns out to be Malignant tumor they can only remove 80 percent of a brain tumor, and the speech could have affected.  Frontal lobe disorder is an impairment of the frontal lobe that occurs due to disease or head trauma. The frontal lobe of the brain plays a crucial role in higher mental functions such as motivation, planning, social behavior, and speech production. My speech got affected, and I am working on speech and Doctor said to me I give you to 10 years for survival. 

Cancer which doctor told me I have is Anaplastic oligodendroglioma Grade III which is malignant. I had a lot of body pains after surgery, and I went to Physical therapy and pain is gone.  I have attended a lot of Speech therapy classes, and what the doctor told me to read a paper aloud it has improved about 50 percent. Due to Phone radiation, my tumor happened.  I am taking seizure tablets only. I got my radiation done and also chemo in the US. Share your experience? 

Comments

• tarawiseg
    tarawiseg Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2018 #2
    My Dad 61, found out 2 weeks

My Dad 61, found out 2 weeks ago he had a brain tumor, it was removed. However diagnosed with AO grade 3 also. he starts radiation next week, im 37 and the oldest of his 5 kids. This is all to new to us. I just want to be told he has many many years left with us. Im sorry you are going through this but just wanted to say hi since he has the same thing